Released Issued by Kodak:
Kodak Redefines the Digital Camera; New EASYSHARE-ONE Camera Puts Sharing First
First-of-its-Kind Innovation Expands Picture-Sharing Possibilities with Storage for 1,500 Pictures; Wireless Connections for Instant Picture E-Mail and Printing.
Find all our PMA 2005 news and show reports here and register for emailed PMA story updates too!
LONDON, January 5 ― Eastman Kodak Company today unveiled KODAK EASYSHARE-ONE, a new digital camera designed as much for sharing pictures as for taking them. Kodak is showing the innovative camera for the first time at the 2005 International Consumer Electronics Show (Booth #31400; LVCC South Hall, Second Floor).
The EASYSHARE-ONE camera gives people extraordinary control over how and when they share pictures, whether on the LCD screen, online, or as prints. The camera is truly first-of-a-kind, with the ability to hold up to 1,500 favourite pictures for instant display on its crystal-clear, high-resolution, 3-inch touch screen display; direct picture e-mailing and online album viewing via a wireless connection to KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery (formerly Ofoto); and the capability to take high quality still pictures and video. No other digital camera gives people such extensive ability to take, organise, share and print their pictures.
“The EASYSHARE-ONE redefines what is possible with a digital camera. We’re changing the digital photography experience from point-and-shoot to point-and-share,” said Greg Westbrook, vice president, Eastman Kodak Company. “We have combined the power of digital picture taking, intelligent organisation, the freedom of wireless, and sophisticated picture sharing into a single innovative product.”
“This is so much more than just another camera introduction. It’s about giving people the ability to instantly share a picture while they’re still in the moment ― whether with a person by their side, or a person across the globe ― simply, quickly, and elegantly.”
Kodak designed the EASYSHARE-ONE camera specifically for sharing. It incorporates multiple benefits that avid picture sharers could only dream of until now, including:
• Online and e-mail picture sharing without a computer, using a direct, wireless connection to the KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery service (formerly known as Ofoto). By connecting to the Gallery through a compatible home network or public hotspot*, people can upload the pictures and videos for near instantaneous electronic sharing with friends around the world.
• On-the-spot sharing of up to 1,500 favourite pictures, synchronized with a person’s PC-based picture collection, thanks to a huge, 3-inch, high resolution, rotating LCD touch screen that’s protected when not in use, plus a generous 256 megabytes of internal memory. In addition, when connected wirelessly to the KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery, EASYSHARE-ONE owners can also view thousands more of their pictures stored online, including albums shared by their friends and family.
• Significantly enhanced ease-of-use for picture sharing and taking, including the ability to create on-camera albums in which to store pictures, intuitive menu options with touch screen selection, automatic organisation of pictures by date taken, and even richer, graphical scene modes to help get the best possible picture in a variety of outdoor and indoor environments.
• One-touch, wireless picture printing when used with the KODAK EASYSHARE Printer Dock Plus (optional KODAK Wi-Fi card required).
• Pictures with professional-quality colour and sharpness, with the use of a renowned SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON 3X optical zoom lens (36 – 108 mm equivalent), a 4-megapixel sensor, and the exclusive KODAK Colour Science image processing chip.
• TV-quality video taking and sharing, with built-in 30 frames-per-second motion and sound recording, plus the ability to share those videos via the KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery.
• Premium post-sale service from Kodak, providing EASYSHARE-ONE model owners with priority inquiry handling, assistance with the camera’s wireless setup and operation, and other benefits made available to only these customers.
The EASYSHARE-ONE camera will begin reaching select retailers this June, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of £379.99. The optional KODAK Wi-Fi card will be available separately with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of £69.99.
Like all new EASYSHARE digital cameras, the EASYSHARE-ONE is compatible with the new IMAGELINK print system. By placing the camera on an EASYSHARE printer dock or other photo printers compatible with the IMAGELINK system, people can print their pictures in as little as 90 seconds at the touch of a button. And, with the EASYSHARE printer docks, people have the built-in convenience of rapid camera battery recharging and one-touch picture transfer to a connected computer.
The award-winning KODAK EASYSHARE consumer digital photography system — consisting of cameras, software, printer docks and camera docks, inkjet and thermal papers, and accessories — makes it simple for anyone to take, organize, share, and print high quality digital pictures. In the J.D. Power and Associates 2004 Digital Camera Satisfaction StudySM evaluating performance, connectivity, cost and appearance, KODAK EASYSHARE cameras in the US$200-399 and US$400-599 price ranges ranked Highest in Customer Satisfaction.
More information on the KODAK EASYSHARE system is available at www.kodak.com/go/EasyShare.