Release Issued by Sanyo:
Sanyo Launch new High Definition Compact Digital Camcorder6 November 2006… SANYO is launching the company’s second high definition digital movie camera, model Xacti HD1A, in November 2006. Following on from the award-winning Xacti HD1, which was introduced earlier in the year, the HD1A adds several new exciting features, including a selectable 16:9 widescreen still picture mode; in-camera video editing; and a 30 frames-per-second 320 x 240 MPEG-4 pixel video recording mode called “Web-SHQ,” optimized for video iPod and other portable video players.
Like its predecessor, the HD1A features dimensions of just 80 x 119 x 36mm (W x H x D) and a weight of only 210g – making it the smallest and lightest high-definition digital media camera in the world.
High definition video
Thanks to its 720p technology, the new HD1A delivers exceptional video quality. With a resolution of 1,280 x 720 pixels and 30 frames per second, the camcorder produces detailed videos with vivid colours and impressive sharpness. By compressing videos in the MPEG-4 format, file sizes are kept to a minimum despite the high definition resolution. This means you can record up to one hour of video at a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels or up to 21 minutes of 720p HD video on a standard 1 Gigabyte SD memory card. Users can easily switch between high-definition and standard definition recording modes by simply pressing the ‘HD/Norm’ button located beneath the LCD display.
Digital stills and video, all in one!
Like the HD1, the Xacti HD1A can record still images as well as video clips. Using the 5.36 megapixel (total) CCD, the HD1A captures stunning 5.1 megapixel still images, which are recorded directly onto a standard SD memory card. A pop-up flash with a range of 2.8 meters means that the main subject is illuminated even in the dark and extras such as the image stabilizer, flicker reduction and fast focusing ensure perfect photos every time. The camera also allows both 5.1 megapixel still images and high definition (1280 x 720 pixel) digital video to be shot simultaneously with a simple shutter press.*
New video recording mode optimized for personal media players
Following a recent consumer trend towards on-the-move viewing, the HD1A’s new ‘Web-SHQ’ recording mode is designed to make sure video production for video iPod and other popular MPEG-4 capable personal media players is as easy as possible. Video is recorded at a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels and a smooth 30 frames per second, ensuring optimal playback on these devices.
16:9 still shooting and recording
A brand new 16:9 shooting mode allows users to capture 3.8 megapixel stills as well as high definition videos in widescreen format - ideal for viewing on a 16:9 widescreen TV.
New in-camera video editing
The HD1A features enhanced video editing functions, allowing the user to insert and delete sequences at will – making it easier to combine video clips and helping to conserve memory card space.
2.2-inch LCD display
The HD1A features a large 2.2-inch LCD display with 210,000 total pixels for outstanding viewing. The display flips out from the camera and can be swivelled by up to 285 degrees on its axis, which ensures perfect shots even in the most awkward locations.
10x optical zoom and high quality sound recording
The 10x zoom lens has a maximum aperture of f/3.5 in both wide and telephoto angles, providing clear images even in lower light conditions. Combined with a 10x digital zoom, the Xacti HD1A can provide up to 100x zooming capability. As you would expect, the HD1A offers superb stereo sound recording to match the quality of the captured video. By utilizing the latest in 48kHz, 16-bit, 2 channel sound AAC-LC (MPEG-4 audio) the sound provides a sense of reality to match the impressive High Definition movies. With a special noise reduction feature, perfect for windy conditions, the camera also features a dedicated terminal to which an external microphone can be added.
Key features at a glance:
· Video camera: HD quality in 720p mode (1280 x 720)
· Video storage in MPEG-4 format
· 5.1-megapixel still image resolution
· 320 x 240 ‘Web-SHQ’ video mode; optimal playback on personal media players
· 16:9 widescreen MPEG-4 video
· 16:9 widescreen digital still mode for stunning widescreen TV playback
· Highly efficient 10 x optical zoom lens
· Large 2.2” rotating LCD display
· AAC-LC Stereo Sound Recording (48kHz, 16-bit)
· Enhanced video editing functions
· 60 fps Fluid Motion Recording (640 x 480 TV-HR mode)
· Rapid 5.1 megapixel sequential still shooting
· Pop-up flash with double the brightness of conventional models
· Anti-shake digital image stabilizer
· Talking navigation guide for first time users
· Super-fast 1.7 second camera start-up
· Easy viewing and fast shooting
· Still and high definition movie images captured simultaneously *
· Versatile manual mode enables full-fledged shooting
· Faster data transfer thanks to USB 2.0 high-speed interface
· Easy playback and recording with multi-function docking station
· High capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery gives 70 minutes of video recording
· Self timer (2 seconds/10 seconds)
· Voice recorder function
· Compact (80 x 119 x 36mm) and lightweight (210g – main body)
* Depending on the mode used to take stills, simultaneous video may be interrupted.
Sales information is available at SANYO - www.sanyo.co.uk