Epson Inspires Creativity with New Artisan All-in-Ones
Sleek Artisan 710 and 810 Complement Today’s Busy Lifestyles with Number-One Photo Quality(1) and Innovative Features for One-of-a-Kind Projects and Everyday Printing Needs
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 19, 2009 – Epson America continues to drive printing innovation with its new line of Artisan® all-in-ones – the Artisan 710 and Artisan 810 – designed for everything from creative projects to afterhours work from home. Delivering photos that are preferred by consumers 3-to-1 over the competition(1), built-in Wi-Fi® and Ethernet networking, automatic two-sided printing, blazing fast performance, and a host of unique features, the sleek models are a perfect match for any room in today’s households.
“These new all-in-ones offer the premium performance that the Epson Artisan family has become known for, plus a host of new capabilities designed specifically for today’s busy home,” said Steve Semos, product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America Inc. “With features such as printing wirelessly from an Apple® iPhone, charging a cell phone or MP3 player from the front USB port(2), and saving 50 percent more paper with automatic two-sided printing, the Artisan 710 and 810 offer the entire family all the features expected from an all-in-one. Moreover, the Artisan 810 offers built-in color fax with an Auto Document Feeder and a smart 7.8-inch touch screen for added convenience and productivity.”
The Artisan 710 and 810 provide a range of unique features for everyday printing needs. Using the convenient front panel features, consumers can easily preview, select, enhance, and print photos without a computer. The flagship Artisan 810 boasts a 7.8-inch smart touch panel and 3.5-inch color LCD that lights up only the buttons needed, while the Artisan 710 has an easy-to-use control panel with 2.5-inch LCD.
For one-of-a-kind projects and creative needs, the Artisan 710 and 810 can turn photos or drawings into personalized coloring book pages or note paper, or print college-ruled, wide-ruled and graph school paper. They also allow consumers to create and print custom designs directly onto ink jet printable CDs and DVDs. In addition, Epson’s six-color Ultra Hi-Definition Claria® ink and exclusive MicroPiezo® print head with DX5™ technology, deliver vivid, true-to-life photos with smudge, scratch and water resistance(3), as well as fade resistance up to four times longer than photo lab prints.(4)
The Artisan 710 and 810 offer full-featured scanning and copying and distinctive standalone photo capabilities to print photos with or without a computer, supporting all popular memory card types and USB Flash drives.(5) Both models offer built-in Automatic Photo Correction that can be previewed before printing, as well as automatic red eye removal and the ability to restore color to old, faded photos. In addition, using the front USB port, Artisan users can charge cell phones, GPS devices or MP3 players. The Artisan 710 and 810 also print photos and documents wirelessly from an Apple iPhone.
Both Artisan models blaze through printing tasks faster than competitors, printing a lab-quality 4”x6” photo in as fast as 10 seconds.(6) They also deliver maximum print and copy speeds of up to 38 pages per minute (ppm) in black and color, and laser-quality speeds of up to 9.5 ppm black and 9.1 ppm color.6
For more information on additional features, please see the Artisan 710 and Artisan 810 fact sheets or visit www.Epson.com.
Better Products for a Better Future™
Epson knows that planning for the future requires a strong commitment to the environment and strives to create innovative products that are reliable, recyclable and energy efficient. The Artisan 710 and 810 are designed to be recycled(7), ENERGY STAR® qualified and RoHS compliant. In addition to supporting printing on recycled paper, the estimated power consumption of the Artisan all-in-ones for one year is less than two dollars.(8) And, automatic, two-sided printing enables consumers to save up to 50 percent on paper, while printing multiple photos on a single sheet and PC-Fax capabilities(9) help reduce paper use. For more information on Epson’s environmental programs, go to www.Epson.com/environment.
Pricing and Availability
The Artisan 710 ($179.99*) and Artisan 810 ($299.99*) are currently available through major computer, office and electronic superstores, a variety of retail stores nationwide, mail order, PC manufacturers, the Internet, and Epson’s retail site, www.epsonstore.com. Both all-in-ones come with Epson’s PreferredSM program, a special two-year limited warranty with exclusive assistance benefits, and registered Artisan owners also receive free, lifetime phone support.(10)
1) Compared to photo All-In-Ones priced $300 or less as of 11/1/08 in testing by Newman-Stein Inc.
2) User supplied cable required to fully or partially charge USB devices that comply with USB 2.0 standards, rated 500mA or less.
3) Water resistance on Epson Glossy Papers.
4) Based on accelerated testing of prints displayed under glass in indoor display or in album conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, temperature, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or UV filter or properly store them.
5) Some functions may not be supported by Mac®, like accessing memory cards when the all-in-one is networked.
6) Maximum pages (PPM) are measured after first page with text patterns in Draft mode on plain paper. Laser quality black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports. Color photo in Draft Mode on Premium Photo Paper Glossy measured from start of paper feed. Actual print time will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. Laser quality color speed for the Artisan 710 is 9.0 PPM
7) See Epson’s Web site for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle.
8) Calculated printing/copying five sheets of letter-size color documents per day, one day defined as eight hours with the power on and 16 hours with the power off. Power consumption will vary according to the customer’s printer usage. Based on a 2008 national average electricity cost of 11.47 cents per kWh.
9) For sending faxes, on Windows® only; available on the Artisan 810 only.
10) One-year limited warranty to all purchasers; toll-free support and second-year warranty require registration within 60 days of purchase. With registration, Epson provides phone support without charge for the life of the product. Telephone toll charges may apply. Offer valid only in the United States.
* Estimated street price