Pentax Unveils new Waterproof Compact WS80:
Dunkable, Affordable Optio WS80 Sports Bold Colors
GOLDEN, CO. (August 5, 2009)…A bold, new waterproof digital camera jumped into the swimming pool today. PENTAX Imaging Company announced the Optio WS80, the newest contender in the durable, affordable digital camera category.
Available in two bold, his-and-her’s designs, the water and dustproof Optio WS80 is a perfect choice for travel, outdoor activities and families. Featuring a 10 megapixel CCD and a 5X internal optical zoom housed in a slim, palm-sized body that is less than an inch thick, the Optio WS80 has a large 2.7 inch LCD with 230,000 dot resolution for easy composition. With waterproof construction that can withstand depths up to five feet (1.5 meters), the Optio WS80 captures underwater photos and video including high resolution, widescreen, HD video up to 720p at a full-speed 30 frames per second.
Other features include:
- Fast Face Detection technology sees up to 32 faces in as little as 0.03 of a second for easy portrait photography.
- Smile Capture automatically releases the shutter when a subject smiles and Blink Detection alerts the photographer if the subject’s eyes are closed during the exposure.
- PENTAX Shake Reduction (SR) technology features Pixel Track SR, Digital SR, and Movie SR, stabilizing your images and video for beautiful, blur-free results.
- PENTAX Auto Picture mode automatically selects from eight shooting modes for beautiful images in any setting.
- Sensitivity up to ISO 6400 boosts shutter speeds to freeze subject movement for blur-free images even in low lighting.
Available in two eye-catching color options, black with orange accents or white with purple accents, the PENTAX Optio WS80 will ship in September 2009 for $249.95 USD.
More information is available here: www.pentaximaging.com.