Release Issued by Pentax:
PENTAX launches Limited-Edition K10D Camera PackageLondon, June 15th 2007
- PENTAX U.K. today announces the release of 5,000 limited-edition PENTAX K10D Camera Packages, to commemorate K10D winning the Camera Grand Prix 2007 Award in Japan. With only 150 PENTAX K10D Grand Prix Packages available in the UK, the extremely collectable cameras with an exclusive new colour scheme, will be sought after by photography enthusiasts across the country.
This one-off PENTAX K10D Grand Prix Package features gold finished PENTAX branding, the K10D logo and mode dial, complimented by a new dark brown rubber coating on the body and battery grip. In addition, the Package includes a specially designed leather camera strap with the award logo and Camera Grand Prix lettering, also in gold. The PENTAX K10D cameras in the Grand Prix Package also include the latest Firmware (ver.1.30) and each camera is identified with a serial number, which is specific to the Package.
The PENTAX K10D is a 10.2 effective megapixels digital SLR camera, that offers high-precision, high-resolution images. It incorporates an array of advanced, user-friendly features including the PENTAX-original SR (Shake Reduction) technology. It was awarded the Camera Grand Prix 2007, in recognition of its technological sophistication, outstanding specifications, and reasonable price, ensuring it is affordable to photographers around the world.
Product and Marketing Information
Product name: PENTAX K10D Grand Prix Package
Package contents: PENTAX K10D GP camera
D-BG2 GP Battery Grip,
O-ST55 Camera Strap with a Grand Prix logo
Quantity: Limited production of 5,000 sets in worldwide
Main Features of the PENTAX K10D Grand Prix Package
1. For this limited-edition package the camera body and the battery grip have been specially applied with a dark-brown rubber that compliments the gold lettering and branding on the camera and leather strap.
2. On the K10D the the PENTAX logo, the K10D logo and the mode dial are in a standard gold color, signifying the limited-edition status. The “CAMERA GRAND PRIX 2007” lettering and award logo mark are also displayed on the lower part of the LCD monitor on the camera’s back panel.
3. The specially designed leather camera strap features the “CAMERA GRAND PRIX 2007” lettering, award logo and the K10D logo, in the same gold color.
4. Each camera body is identified with a serial number, which is exclusive to the PENTAX K10D Grand Prix Package.
5. The latest firmware (Ver.1.30), that corresponds with the SDM system, has been installed onto the cameras. PENTAX K10D Grand Prix camera body is also compatible with PENTAX’s supersonic motor-driven lenses. With the SDM system mounted onto the next-generation of supersonic motor-driven lens, it assures smoother, quieter autofocusing operation.
Note: The specifications of the K10D camera body and the battery grip included in this package are same as their standard models except for the firmware.
Discuss this story
Pentax announces limited edition K10D
DPNow Pentax announces limited edition K10D
PENTAX U.K. today announces the release of 5,000 limited-edition PENTAX K10D Camera Packages, to com... (more)