Release Issued by HP:
HP introduces 18X DVD writer with supermulti support and LightScribeEINDHOVEN, THE NETHERLANDS, October 2006
- 18X will be the new writing speed standard on HP drives. HP will launch the dvd940i: a new, high-speed internal drive with DVD±R/±RW and DVD-RAM read/write, ±R double-layer capability, and LightScribe direct disc labeling. HP will also introduce an external version of this drive: HPdvd940e.
HP's supermulti drive offers high speeds and double-layer recording, and it's LightScribe Version 1.2 - ready for high-contrast labeling. It lets users easily preserve, edit and share up to 8.5 GB of video, photos, and multimedia presentations on one double-layer disc - and quickly store back up and transport files on DVDs and Cds. The dvd940i/e records double-layer DVDs at up to 8X, recordable DVDs at up to 18X, rewritable DVDs at up to 8X and DVD-RAM at up to 12X.
LightScribe is the innovative, HP patented, disc labeling system that gives CDs and DVDs a neat, professional look without ink, pens, or paper labels. With LightScribe, you simply burn your data, flip the disc over, and burn a precise, silkscreen-like label directly onto your LightScribe CD or DVD. For more info, check www.lightscribe.com.
With the combination of LightScribe, supermulti and fast writing speeds, HP offers a very complete drive for all optical storage solutions. The HPdvd940i will be available in stores from November 2006.
Compatible and versatile
* Record to all major formats on one drive: DVD±R/±RW, DVD-RAM, CD-R/RW, and LightScribe.
* Enjoy excellent playback compatibility on DVD drives and players.
* Record hours of video onto DVD with your PC, then play it back in your living room.
* Record and back up critical files on DVD-RAM.
The newest technologies
* Get the latest optical storage features in the HP dvd940i.
* Burn discs at high speeds, up to 18X for DVDs.
* Record to single- or double-layer DVDs, and now to DVD-RAM.
* Burn labels directly to disc with the latest LightScribe technology.1
LightScribe direct disc labeling
* LightScribe is artistic: create beautiful labels and burn them directly to your LightScribe discs.
* LightScribe is easy: just burn your CD or DVD, then flip the disc over and burn a label.
* LightScribe can't peel off, get stuck, or cause damage the way paper labels can.
* LightScribe direct disc labeling means no pens, no ink, no printer and no sticky labels.
Creative, fun and robust
* Full software suite included - edit video, organize photos, create slideshows, back up music and data, create personal label designs, and more.
* Surprise your family and friends with slideshows and home movies, digitally preserved on DVD or CD, beautifully labeled with your own personal touch and ready for playback.
* Rely on HP's high quality testing standards for compatibility and quality results.
More information about HP is available at www.hp.com.