Release Issued by Kingston:
To Support New Smartphones12 January 2006
- Kingston Technology, the world’s leading independent memory manufacturer, today announced the launch of its new microSD memory card, as part of its strategy to support the rapidly growing 'smartphone' market.
"The coming year will see a dramatic increase in the take up of sophisticated, multifunctional, mobile handsets and Kingston Technology is ready with multiple formats of expansion memory to support these advanced wireless devices," said Jim Selby, Product Marketing Manager EMEA, Kingston Technology."
"As more and more hand-held devices offer mobile news, entertainment, and multimedia features, the greater the demands will be on memory," continues Selby. "Kingston Technology's latest range of cards will offer consumers an ideal way to store mobile content such as data, digital images, music and video on the move."
The microSD is smaller than a paper clip, offering high-capacity storage and has been designed to be compatible with the latest slim-line handsets.
Selby believes, "With numerous expansion card platforms to choose from, consumers need a brand they can trust to help them maximise use of their smartphones and other mobile communication devices. Consumers can count on Kingston Technology to provide the necessary storage for mobile devices to run more efficiently and also to access files quickly and easily - whether it is for data, images, music or video. You can never have enough storage with all the advanced services, features and content available to mobile users today."
New Offering: microSD
To maximise flexibility and ease of use for the end user the Kingston Technology microSD cards are shipped bundled with an SD adapter for use as a full-size SD card. In order to protect against accidental data loss, the adapter has a built-in write-protect switch. The 256-MB card is the first offering in the microSD product line, with larger capacities to follow.
Kingston microSD Card
Kingston microSD Features and Specifications:
Capacity and Features||
MSRP (plus VAT)|
NB: Prices subject to change.
256-MB microSD card||
– 256 MB
– .43" x .59" x .039" (11mm x 15mm x 1mm)
– 8.8 MB/sec. read rate; 6.5 MB/sec. write rate
– 32° F to 140° F (0° C to 60° C)
– -4° F to 185° F (-20° C to 85° C)
– 0.04 lbs. (1.41g)
– complies with SD Association specification standards
– extremely small footprint design
– when combined with the included adapter, can be used as a full-size SD card
– as easy as plug-and-play
– lifetime warranty
For more information about X speed, visit Kingston.com/digitalmedia/x