Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  
 
advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Photo story > Eye of the camera

Eye of the camera Use this board to post your photos and to tell us about the scene you set out to capture. Don't forget that the best place for *critique* in order see how your photography might be improved, technically, remains the Image Insight Photo critique board.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Barr1e's Avatar
Barr1e Barr1e is offline
Forum veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,188
Thanks: 372
Thanked 156 Times in 142 Posts
Likes: 634
Liked at 606 Times in 405 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Barr1e is on a distinguished road
Bates Boatyard



Old to New...difficult lighting


..
Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by Barr1e:
Caz (3 Weeks Ago)
  #2  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Ian's Avatar
Ian Ian is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hemel Hempstead UK
Posts: 10,191
Blog Entries: 282
Thanks: 92
Thanked 141 Times in 120 Posts
Likes: 400
Liked at 208 Times in 167 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Bates Boatyard

Interesting - where is that location, Barr1e?


Ian
__________________
Founder/editor
Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Barr1e's Avatar
Barr1e Barr1e is offline
Forum veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,188
Thanks: 372
Thanked 156 Times in 142 Posts
Likes: 634
Liked at 606 Times in 405 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Barr1e is on a distinguished road
Re: Bates Boatyard

Hi Ian -

We have been beset with connection problems all week and thought the computer guy had fixed it. Somehow I think I touched a button on the computer and have lost the wireless connection on both of our PC's, fortunately the ethernet still offers us a connection. We may well have to get the engineer to visit us again.

The boatyard is at Puttenham.

http://www.batesboatyard.co.uk/

Interesting looking at each boats history in pictures contained within the website above.
ie:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/867562...90295773/show/

We met this dog and his master doing his duties when the yard was closed on Saturday afternoon.


..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Garry's Avatar
Garry Garry is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Sussex. UK
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 142
Thanked 195 Times in 194 Posts
Likes: 597
Liked at 370 Times in 258 Posts
Rep Power: 23
Garry is on a distinguished road
Re: Bates Boatyard

Some very nice winter light there, Barrie.

An interesting subject. I love playing on water.

Really like the Alsatian. Not sure he liked you so much !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Ian's Avatar
Ian Ian is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hemel Hempstead UK
Posts: 10,191
Blog Entries: 282
Thanks: 92
Thanked 141 Times in 120 Posts
Likes: 400
Liked at 208 Times in 167 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Bates Boatyard

No Internet problems here at the moment (touch wood) just computer ones. I have the guts of the equivalent of two PCs all over the table at the moment as my big desktop machine is not very well at the moment


Ian



Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr1e View Post
Hi Ian -

We have been beset with connection problems all week and thought the computer guy had fixed it. Somehow I think I touched a button on the computer and have lost the wireless connection on both of our PC's, fortunately the ethernet still offers us a connection. We may well have to get the engineer to visit us again.

The boatyard is at Puttenham.

http://www.batesboatyard.co.uk/

Interesting looking at each boats history in pictures contained within the website above.
ie:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/867562...90295773/show/

We met this dog and his master doing his duties when the yard was closed on Saturday afternoon.


..
__________________
Founder/editor
Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Barr1e's Avatar
Barr1e Barr1e is offline
Forum veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,188
Thanks: 372
Thanked 156 Times in 142 Posts
Likes: 634
Liked at 606 Times in 405 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Barr1e is on a distinguished road
Re: Bates Boatyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
No Internet problems here at the moment (touch wood) just computer ones. I have the guts of the equivalent of two PCs all over the table at the moment as my big desktop machine is not very well at the moment


Ian
Hi Ian -

We updated the latest Netgear Router and thought all had gone well.
In closing the computers' down and restarting the following day we found we had the ethernet connection for the internet but were without the wireless facility. Spent a few hours yesterday chasing our tails without success.
Anne spoke to our son last evening who knows the workings (as it seems you do too from the above) and mentioned to me this morning our son thought I had switched something off.
I returned to the Netgear site and looking at our details discovered when updating our program the card was reset without the box being checked to allow wireless connectivity. I was not amused at making a silly mistake - lesson learned.

..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Ian's Avatar
Ian Ian is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hemel Hempstead UK
Posts: 10,191
Blog Entries: 282
Thanks: 92
Thanked 141 Times in 120 Posts
Likes: 400
Liked at 208 Times in 167 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Bates Boatyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr1e View Post
Hi Ian -

We updated the latest Netgear Router and thought all had gone well.
In closing the computers' down and restarting the following day we found we had the ethernet connection for the internet but were without the wireless facility. Spent a few hours yesterday chasing our tails without success.
Anne spoke to our son last evening who knows the workings (as it seems you do too from the above) and mentioned to me this morning our son thought I had switched something off.
I returned to the Netgear site and looking at our details discovered when updating our program the card was reset without the box being checked to allow wireless connectivity. I was not amused at making a silly mistake - lesson learned.

..

Finally! Fixed my PC and it was a silly little oversight that caused big problems. Thankfully I lost very little data - the backups restored nicely


Ian
__________________
Founder/editor
Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Digital Photography Now, 2001-2018, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger