Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Welcome > Headline news

Headline news Comment on DPNow news stories or even alert us to breaking news we haven't yet spotted.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-01-09
Information

Liked at 8 Times in 7 Posts
DPNow is on a distinguished road
Arrow Clickfree USB backup hard drive review

Here is a summary or excerpt from an article that has just been published on DPNow:

Julia Burley reviews the Clickfree USB backup hard drive. It is a small, quick and easy-to-use system that backs up your computer.

More...
Old 22-01-09
Seriously addicted

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stephen is on a distinguished road
Re: Clickfree USB backup hard drive review

An interesting product Julia. Are you able to recover individual files from the backup, if they are deleted. If so how easy is it to do this. Also is the software available for Mac as well as PC?

Check out my BLOG too

Old 09-02-09
Administrator

Julia is on a distinguished road

Apologies for the delay in replying, Stephen. Yes, individual files can be chosen to restore. It is just a tick box. Or you can choose to restore all.

Also I have just checked the website and it works with Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, Windows® 2000 and now Mac OS X 10.5 or later.

I hope that answers your questions.
Old 09-02-09
Seriously addicted

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
Apologies for the delay in replying, Stephen. Yes, individual files can be chosen to restore. It is just a tick box. Or you can choose to restore all.

Also I have just checked the website and it works with Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, Windows® 2000 and now Mac OS X 10.5 or later.

I hope that answers your questions.
Many thanks for the info Julia

Check out my BLOG too

Old 15-06-10
Forum newbie

nikita is on a distinguished road

Re: How to cancel a backup made wronglywith the Clickfree product

Good Morning ! I am a new member and did not find the possibility to start a new theme, sorry for that.

I need your urgent assistance and advice regarding the 160 GO Clickfree bought at the beginning of the year 2010. Clickfree's support does not answer...

My computer crashed yesterday Sunday for an unknown reason. I fixed it and had then to put the backup content dating last from April 17 in. Now: Instead of restoring the system, (I believe) I did a new backup. This new backup was made on the fixed computer without any content I lost therefore all information (photographs, documents, music, programmes,,…..) I had previously on the Clickfree which is catastrophical.

Question: Have you a problem for this problem ? How can I cancel the backup made in order to find again the last backup dated April 17 ? This matter is of utmost importance for me. Please answer me quickly !

Thank you and kind regards from Switzerland, Laurent
Old 15-06-10
Admin

Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road

Hi Laurent, I'm not exactly sure I understand what you have done, but my understanding is that thet ClickFree backup only stores your documents, photos and similar files. It doesn't store system or application files.

Have you explored the contents of your backup drive to see if the files are still there?

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Old 15-06-10
Forum newbie

Angry Re: Clickfree USB backup hard drive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Hi Laurent, I'm not exactly sure I understand what you have done, but my understanding is that thet ClickFree backup only stores your documents, photos and similar files. It doesn't store system or application files.

Have you explored the contents of your backup drive to see if the files are still there?

Ian
Dear Ian, thank you very much for your answer.

What I did after that I had reinstalled the broken computer was to plug the Clickfree HD in and instead of RESTORING I choose MAKE A BACKUP. Doing so, the latest backup present in the Clickfree HD is the one of a immaculate computer and all my documents, images (my kids ) and email contest has disappeared. I have searched into the Clickfree program whether it was possible to find the "overwritten" content but did not find anything. Finally, the Clickfee support does not answer my messages. Can you help me ?
Old 16-06-10
Admin

Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road

OK, there is still some hope. What you need to do is get a file/data recovery utility and run it to undelete files on the ClickFree drive. You will need to then sort through the files that it finds. This is assuming that the ClickFree drive wasn't initialised (formatted) and so deleting everything permanently.

I think there is a reasonable chance of recovering at least some of your files.

Is it primarily photos or photos and documents you would like to recover?

You could also run this utility on your PC unless its disk drive has been replaced or reformatted.

Let me know what kinds of files you are looking to recover and I can recommend some appropriate utilities.

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Old 16-06-10
Forum newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
OK, there is still some hope. What you need to do is get a file/data recovery utility and run it to undelete files on the ClickFree drive. You will need to then sort through the files that it finds. This is assuming that the ClickFree drive wasn't initialised (formatted) and so deleting everything permanently.

I think there is a reasonable chance of recovering at least some of your files.

Is it primarily photos or photos and documents you would like to recover?

You could also run this utility on your PC unless its disk drive has been replaced or reformatted.

Let me know what kinds of files you are looking to recover and I can recommend some appropriate utilities.

Ian
Dear Ian,

The Clickfree HD includes tons of photographs of the last two years, several important Word documents, the content of Windows Mail and a big number of sounds of iTunes. I am really sad...