Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Welcome > Say hello

Say hello Who are you? Tell us a bit about yourself in our forum guest book; where do you come from, what are your main interests (photographic or otherwise) and how you did you find out about DPNow?

Old 20-10-06
Forum regular

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Harry is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello from the Shetland Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Naaaah - I'm just a 'Forum Tart'.

Pol
I'm mighty glad you spelt that right

Thanks to you all for your kind welcome to the forums, I will look forward to contributing what I can
Old 22-10-06
Super Moderator

Liked at 4 Times in 2 Posts
coupekid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
I live in the Shetland Isles and have decided to come into the big wide world by purchasing a new computer (the first) and a new camera (also a first).

I decided to go for a Panasonic DMX - FX01 because of it's size, price and general good reviews for the camera.

So I have the equipment but what about post processing? on the computer. The camera came with a simple viewer programme, and the computer came with Corel Paint Shop Pro X, but I have not used it yet (it's probably on trial!).

What do people advise for image enhancing etc like the photofix competition as I would like to be able to do something like that some day.

I hope that you can give me some guidance on this and many other topics in the future in other places.

I have been looking at this site for a few weeks, ever since Stephen's name came up in Tiscali forum with a link to this site!

I shall post some photographs when I can find them! and you can tell me what is going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

WOW!
What a superb place to live! What sort of photography are you into? I would love to see some wildlife shots!
Old 22-10-06
Forum veteran

DTD is on a distinguished road

Hi Harry. My brother is just to jump in the same boat as you – first computer(an Apple iMac) and first digital camera (Pentax K10D). I've no doubt it will be at times a steep learning curve for both of you, but I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Personally I use PhotoShop and Aperture, but I'd suggest you have a good play around before settling on anything.
Old 23-10-06
Forum regular

Harry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupekid View Post
WOW!
What a superb place to live! What sort of photography are you into? I would love to see some wildlife shots!
Thanks it is a great place to live, the only problem is that the wildlife here dont stay still long enough to photograph at the moment (unless you mean the human wildlife). I will photograph anything but mostly into landscapes though I am only a beginner and am looking to you lot for help.

Thanks for you message DTD, I've downloaded the Photoshop and given it a whirl, seems easier than Paintshop but we'll see.