Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Forget about photography > Did you hear about...

Did you hear about... Talk about (almost) anything, within reason and it can - even should - be about something not directly related to photography.

Old 21-02-08
Mr Iceman

Liked at 21 Times in 16 Posts
ash is on a distinguished road
Bee movie

Went to see Bee movie on sunday and I think it was great, any movie that keeps a 4 year old speechless for an hour and a half gets my vote ok I loved it too
It was something called 'kids club' at the odeon cinema's, which basically mean's its reasonable prices. For me, Ann & Thomas it was only 5 which I think is great value for money.
Although I must stress that I refuse to pay the insane prices for snacks in the cinema's these days, so we took our own drinks and snacks.
Just thought Ide share if you were not aware of this special price for kids club.
cheers
Ash.
Old 21-02-08
Super Moderator

Liked at 4 Times in 2 Posts
coupekid is on a distinguished road
Re: Bee movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash View Post
Went to see Bee movie on sunday and I think it was great, any movie that keeps a 4 year old speechless for an hour and a half gets my vote ok I loved it too
It was something called 'kids club' at the odeon cinema's, which basically mean's its reasonable prices. For me, Ann & Thomas it was only 5 which I think is great value for money.
Although I must stress that I refuse to pay the insane prices for snacks in the cinema's these days, so we took our own drinks and snacks.
Just thought Ide share if you were not aware of this special price for kids club.
cheers
Ash.
Cheers Ash!
I didnt know about this, Elise is probably a little young to go, but handy to know for my neice and nephew!

I could do with watching a good film, I had the misfortune of watching a film which I was looking forward to seeing for sometime......Deathproof, the latest Tarantino offering..........its not often I dont watch a film to the end, but this was awful! Me the missus and a couple of mates voted to switch it off about half way through! what a shame!
Old 21-02-08
Forum veteran

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Patrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash View Post
cheers
Ash.
This takes me back to my own childhood days, when the cinema used to do special shows for the kids on Saturday mornings, the old (not that old then)B/W Tarzan movies, Flash Gorden, Batman, Superman shown in serial form to get you back every week. All for 6d old money 2.5 pence converted.
The special effect by todays standards would be laughable, but it was all very magical back in the early 1950's. A more innocent and more easily pleased generation of children with lower expectations than today.

Patrick
Old 21-02-08
Super Moderator

Liked at 4 Times in 2 Posts
coupekid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
This takes me back to my own childhood days, when the cinema used to do special shows for the kids on Saturday mornings, the old (not that old then)B/W Tarzan movies, Flash Gorden, Batman, Superman shown in serial form to get you back every week. All for 6d old money 2.5 pence converted.
The special effect by todays standards would be laughable, but it was all very magical back in the early 1950's. A more innocent and more easily pleased generation of children with lower expectations than today.

Patrick
I used to love (and still do) all the Harryhausen special effects (I know he didnt do the ones you mentioned), all the old stop motion photography was superb. That was back in the days before CGI!

I too used to go to Saturday morning pictures as well as a kid, though that was in the late 70's. Couldnt tel you how much it was back then though.
Old 21-02-08
Forum veteran

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
jojo is on a distinguished road

Oh, all right then! I remember going to the local ABC on a Saturday morning back in the mid-late sixties with a bunch of other kids. My mum used to give me 2 Bob (10p). It was sixpence to get and the rest was spent on sweeties and a pressie for mum, usually some flowers (or a cauliflower or cabbage ) Patrick, did your cinema have an organist who was raised up from underneath the floor playing the "Ovaltinies" theme tune?

jo
Old 21-02-08
Forum veteran

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Patrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Oh, all right then! I remember going to the local ABC on a Saturday morning back in the mid-late sixties with a bunch of other kids. My mum used to give me 2 Bob (10p). It was sixpence to get and the rest was spent on sweeties and a pressie for mum, usually some flowers (or a cauliflower or cabbage ) Patrick, did your cinema have an organist who was raised up from underneath the floor playing the "Ovaltinies" theme tune?

jo
Cant actually remember the organ, its possible. I do remember the ABC cinema club badge though We had less then but I remember them as very happy times. Could be I am just remembering the best bits.
Sadly the Cinema in question in Oldham has been demolished long ago and has a Sainsbury supermarket on the site now. So the nearest it gets to old films are the DVD's they sell.

Patrick
Old 24-02-08
What the *%&

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Andrew Thatcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupekid View Post
I could do with watching a good film, I had the misfortune of watching a film which I was looking forward to seeing for sometime......Deathproof, the latest Tarantino offering..........its not often I dont watch a film to the end, but this was awful! Me the missus and a couple of mates voted to switch it off about half way through! what a shame!
I liked Deathproof But it is one of those films you need to be a bit drunk watching it the film gets going just after halfway. I did turn off the other film you have to watch with it Rodrigues's Planet Terror the gore was too much for even me