Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  
 
advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Photo story > Eye of the camera

Eye of the camera Use this board to post your photos and to tell us about the scene you set out to capture. Don't forget that the best place for *critique* in order see how your photography might be improved, technically, remains the Image Insight Photo critique board.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21-11-16
Barr1e's Avatar
Barr1e Barr1e is offline
Forum veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,349
Thanks: 415
Thanked 164 Times in 150 Posts
Likes: 683
Liked at 667 Times in 446 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Barr1e is on a distinguished road
Selfie

It amazes me how my brain clicks on the most obscure thoughts - I suppose when the advancing years roll past all we do is reflect on life and just occasionally some matter buried deep and almost forgotten sends a spark to the brain - forgetfulness or the brain shrinking methinks.

I was looking at the newspaper as one does and noted several selfies taken with smartphones. I have one of those but only use it on holidays if I get parted from the group or Anne (lost I think if I am being truthful).

Here is a selfie of Anne and I using the self timer - not the greatest composition taken ten years go at a celebration using a camera!



Regards. Barr1e
Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by Barr1e:
Ian (22-11-16)
  #2  
Old 22-11-16
Ian's Avatar
Ian Ian is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hemel Hempstead UK
Posts: 10,333
Blog Entries: 282
Thanks: 99
Thanked 155 Times in 133 Posts
Likes: 435
Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Selfie



I hope you finished your breakfast before looking at this selfie!

Taken at Photokina 2016, Cologne, Germany, on the Polaroid booth.

Ian
__________________
Founder/editor
Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by Ian:
Barr1e (22-11-16)
  #3  
Old 22-11-16
mike_j mike_j is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Stamford, Lincs
Posts: 583
Thanks: 14
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Likes: 19
Liked at 133 Times in 95 Posts
Rep Power: 0
mike_j is on a distinguished road
Re: Selfie

Which one is you?
Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by mike_j:
Barr1e (22-11-16)
  #4  
Old 22-11-16
Ian's Avatar
Ian Ian is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hemel Hempstead UK
Posts: 10,333
Blog Entries: 282
Thanks: 99
Thanked 155 Times in 133 Posts
Likes: 435
Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_j View Post
Which one is you?
Haha! Well, you aren't the first to ask that!

Ian
__________________
Founder/editor
Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22-11-16
patmoore's Avatar
patmoore patmoore is offline
Elderly snowboard racer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 790
Thanks: 32
Thanked 116 Times in 112 Posts
Likes: 30
Liked at 261 Times in 167 Posts
Rep Power: 0
patmoore is on a distinguished road
Re: Selfie

Admittedly I take a lot of selfies. Clockwise from upper left: The child bride (she's only 64) and I at the Biltmore in Ashville, NC, tip cam view on my snowboard, bungy jumping from 134 meters in Queenstown, NZ, and Flyboarding 20 feet up off the coast of Cairns, Australia.

__________________
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
GoldenYearsGeek.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by patmoore:
Ian (22-11-16)
  #6  
Old 22-11-16
Barr1e's Avatar
Barr1e Barr1e is offline
Forum veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,349
Thanks: 415
Thanked 164 Times in 150 Posts
Likes: 683
Liked at 667 Times in 446 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Barr1e is on a distinguished road
Re: Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmoore View Post
Admittedly I take a lot of selfies. Clockwise from upper left: The child bride (she's only 64) and I at the Biltmore in Ashville, NC, tip cam view on my snowboard, bungy jumping from 134 meters in Queenstown, NZ, and Flyboarding 20 feet up off the coast of Cairns, Australia.

Oh wow -

I like them all but bottom right is my favourite. You must have nerves of steel Pat.

Thanks for sharing them.

Regards. Barr1e

ps Your wife still looks a child bride.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barr1e For This Useful Post:
patmoore (23-11-16)
The Following User likes this post by Barr1e:
patmoore (23-11-16)
  #7  
Old 22-11-16
Ian's Avatar
Ian Ian is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hemel Hempstead UK
Posts: 10,333
Blog Entries: 282
Thanks: 99
Thanked 155 Times in 133 Posts
Likes: 435
Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Selfie

Nerves of steel or he's a mad person

Ian
__________________
Founder/editor
Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by Ian:
patmoore (23-11-16)
  #8  
Old 23-11-16
mike_j mike_j is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Stamford, Lincs
Posts: 583
Thanks: 14
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Likes: 19
Liked at 133 Times in 95 Posts
Rep Power: 0
mike_j is on a distinguished road
Re: Selfie

I hate having my photo taken and that includes selfies but this was one for the Zen competition as no one else was available.

Taken using remote control app on my Sony A7 from android phone.

Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by mike_j:
Ian (23-11-16)
  #9  
Old 23-11-16
Ian's Avatar
Ian Ian is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hemel Hempstead UK
Posts: 10,333
Blog Entries: 282
Thanks: 99
Thanked 155 Times in 133 Posts
Likes: 435
Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_j View Post
I hate having my photo taken and that includes selfies but this was one for the Zen competition as no one else was available.

Taken using remote control app on my Sony A7 from android phone.
I think I have a rather nice photo of you somewhere

Ian
__________________
Founder/editor
Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-11-16
Rodbender Rodbender is online now
Full member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunny Suffolk
Posts: 535
Thanks: 27
Thanked 96 Times in 88 Posts
Likes: 102
Liked at 281 Times in 180 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Rodbender is on a distinguished road
Re: Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr1e View Post
It amazes me how my brain clicks on the most obscure thoughts - I suppose when the advancing years roll past all we do is reflect on life and just occasionally some matter buried deep and almost forgotten sends a spark to the brain - forgetfulness or the brain shrinking methinks.

I was looking at the newspaper as one does and noted several selfies taken with smartphones. I have one of those but only use it on holidays if I get parted from the group or Anne (lost I think if I am being truthful).

Here is a selfie of Anne and I using the self timer - not the greatest composition taken ten years go at a celebration using a camera!


Regards. Barr1e
I don't post here very often but do look in as and when I get the time. Just feel I have to say Barrie how lucky you are to not just have such a beautiful wife, but a wife with a common interest in photography. Really like your selfie. Great shot.
__________________
Regards Ron (Shoppy)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 24-11-16
Barr1e's Avatar
Barr1e Barr1e is offline
Forum veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,349
Thanks: 415
Thanked 164 Times in 150 Posts
Likes: 683
Liked at 667 Times in 446 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Barr1e is on a distinguished road
Re: Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodbender View Post
I don't post here very often but do look in as and when I get the time. Just feel I have to say Barrie how lucky you are to not just have such a beautiful wife, but a wife with a common interest in photography. Really like your selfie. Great shot.
Hi Rod -

I hope all is well at your end.

You must post more often as Ian has been busy gearing up to reinstate the site to its old levels.

I'm sure Anne will be flattered with your comments and I must say she takes a pretty good picture herself as well as filling my lens.

Thanks for your kind comments.


Regards. Barr1e
Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by Barr1e:
Ian (25-11-16)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another selfie... Ian Eye of the camera 29 16-12-13 12:14 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Digital Photography Now, 2001-2018, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger