Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  
 
advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Forget about photography > Did you hear about...

Did you hear about... Talk about (almost) anything, within reason and it can - even should - be about something not directly related to photography.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 21-10-18
Ian's Avatar
Ian Ian is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hemel Hempstead UK
Posts: 10,191
Blog Entries: 282
Thanks: 92
Thanked 141 Times in 120 Posts
Likes: 400
Liked at 208 Times in 167 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

I've been an F1 fan seens my early teens. I've been to the Monaco and Suzuka races as well as many British Grand Prix, I've visited the (old) McLaren HQ, Jordan's HQ (as was), the Jaguar HQ (now Red Bull), the Benetton HQ (now Renault) and the former Arrows HQ. I've been on the same Easyjet flight as one Damon Hill, I was a few steps away from Jenson Button at this year's Le Mans pre-race grid walk, my cousin used to work for Bernie Ecclestone, I've been in touching distance of other various F1 luminaries like the late John Surtees, Nico Rosberg, etc., etc. I used to bore everyone senseless with my F1 opinions.

But in the last couple of seasons my interest in F1 has gone off the boil. I was a huge Jenson Button fan but since his retirement the void has remained unfilled. I love the hybrid tech but the cars don't sound right anymore. I can't justify a Sky Sports sub so I no longer rearrange my life to watch the races live. Maybe that's it - if they make watching F1 live again affordable, maybe my love for the sport will be rekindled?

I hate team orders and the over-politicised and regulated F1 of today. And the championship isn't close this year, no matter what Lews Hamilton says.

I'm quite enjoying Toro Rosso Hondas beating the works Renaults and of course McLaren, though.


Ian
__________________
Founder/editor
Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 21-10-18
Rodbender Rodbender is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunny Suffolk
Posts: 496
Thanks: 24
Thanked 88 Times in 80 Posts
Likes: 99
Liked at 259 Times in 165 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Rodbender is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I've been an F1 fan seens my early teens. I've been to the Monaco and Suzuka races as well as many British Grand Prix, I've visited the (old) McLaren HQ, Jordan's HQ (as was), the Jaguar HQ (now Red Bull), the Benetton HQ (now Renault) and the former Arrows HQ. I've been on the same Easyjet flight as one Damon Hill, I was a few steps away from Jenson Button at this year's Le Mans pre-race grid walk, my cousin used to work for Bernie Ecclestone, I've been in touching distance of other various F1 luminaries like the late John Surtees, Nico Rosberg, etc., etc. I used to bore everyone senseless with my F1 opinions.

But in the last couple of seasons my interest in F1 has gone off the boil. I was a huge Jenson Button fan but since his retirement the void has remained unfilled. I love the hybrid tech but the cars don't sound right anymore. I can't justify a Sky Sports sub so I no longer rearrange my life to watch the races live. Maybe that's it - if they make watching F1 live again affordable, maybe my love for the sport will be rekindled?

I hate team orders and the over-politicised and regulated F1 of today. And the championship isn't close this year, no matter what Lews Hamilton says.

I'm quite enjoying Toro Rosso Hondas beating the works Renaults and of course McLaren, though.


Ian

I have chatted to Jonny Herbert a few times as his cousin is married to one of our family. Also attended some of his annual lap record setting sessions at Brands Hatch, which he used to do. Like you Ian my interest has dropped off since Jenson retired. He was one of my favourite drivers along with Massa.


Result prediction for this race is:-


1st Hamilton

2nd Raikkonen

3rd Bottas

4th Vettel
__________________
Regards Ron (Shoppy)
Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by Rodbender:
Garry (21-10-18)
  #18  
Old 21-10-18
Garry's Avatar
Garry Garry is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Sussex. UK
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 142
Thanked 195 Times in 194 Posts
Likes: 597
Liked at 370 Times in 258 Posts
Rep Power: 23
Garry is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

Interesting prediction, Ron.


Raikkonen is driving well at the present.


This result would also end the championship.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 21-10-18
Garry's Avatar
Garry Garry is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Sussex. UK
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 142
Thanked 195 Times in 194 Posts
Likes: 597
Liked at 370 Times in 258 Posts
Rep Power: 23
Garry is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

Well, well ! The championship carries on.

75 points to be won, and Hamilton has a 70 point lead.

Wasn't the result I was expecting. But was interesting all the same.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 23-10-18
Ian's Avatar
Ian Ian is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hemel Hempstead UK
Posts: 10,191
Blog Entries: 282
Thanks: 92
Thanked 141 Times in 120 Posts
Likes: 400
Liked at 208 Times in 167 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodbender View Post
I have chatted to Jonny Herbert a few times as his cousin is married to one of our family. Also attended some of his annual lap record setting sessions at Brands Hatch, which he used to do. Like you Ian my interest has dropped off since Jenson retired. He was one of my favourite drivers along with Massa.


Result prediction for this race is:-


1st Hamilton

2nd Raikkonen

3rd Bottas

4th Vettel

That was very close


Ian
__________________
Founder/editor
Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 26-10-18
Barr1e's Avatar
Barr1e Barr1e is offline
Forum veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,188
Thanks: 372
Thanked 156 Times in 142 Posts
Likes: 634
Liked at 606 Times in 405 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Barr1e is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

Red Bullís Max Verstappen hopes to upset Lewis Hamiltonís title party in Mexico.
https://scroll.in/field/899672/red-b...arty-in-mexico

..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 26-10-18
Garry's Avatar
Garry Garry is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Sussex. UK
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 142
Thanked 195 Times in 194 Posts
Likes: 597
Liked at 370 Times in 258 Posts
Rep Power: 23
Garry is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr1e View Post
Red Bullís Max Verstappen hopes to upset Lewis Hamiltonís title party in Mexico.
https://scroll.in/field/899672/red-b...arty-in-mexico

..

Verstappen may well be the fly in the ointment, this weekend.

Hamilton wants a win here. But whether he will manage that ?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 27-10-18
Caz's Avatar
Caz Caz is offline
Happy Snapper
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northamptonshire
Posts: 1,612
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 78
Thanked 56 Times in 55 Posts
Likes: 402
Liked at 161 Times in 104 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Caz is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

I saw that story too - it's going to be an interesting race (hopefully - no more processions this year, lads?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
Verstappen may well be the fly in the ointment, this weekend.

Hamilton wants a win here. But whether he will manage that ?
__________________
http://carolannphotos.com
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 28-10-18
Garry's Avatar
Garry Garry is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Sussex. UK
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 142
Thanked 195 Times in 194 Posts
Likes: 597
Liked at 370 Times in 258 Posts
Rep Power: 23
Garry is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

Well. The championship is over. Hamilton is 5 times champ.

Well done to him.

He had problems with tyres in the race.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 30-10-18
Caz's Avatar
Caz Caz is offline
Happy Snapper
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northamptonshire
Posts: 1,612
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 78
Thanked 56 Times in 55 Posts
Likes: 402
Liked at 161 Times in 104 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Caz is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

Tyres, tyres, tyres... is anyone else fed up of the constant talk of tyres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
Well. The championship is over. Hamilton is 5 times champ.

Well done to him.

He had problems with tyres in the race.
__________________
http://carolannphotos.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caz For This Useful Post:
Barr1e (05-11-18)
The Following User likes this post by Caz:
Garry (30-10-18)
  #26  
Old 05-11-18
Caz's Avatar
Caz Caz is offline
Happy Snapper
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northamptonshire
Posts: 1,612
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 78
Thanked 56 Times in 55 Posts
Likes: 402
Liked at 161 Times in 104 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Caz is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

A friend shared this this morning - I think the way they've done it is absolutely brilliant. It also highlights how racing has changed over the last 40-50 years.

https://youtu.be/SNb8lcwlBAU
__________________
http://carolannphotos.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by Caz:
Rodbender (06-11-18)
  #27  
Old 05-11-18
Garry's Avatar
Garry Garry is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Sussex. UK
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 142
Thanked 195 Times in 194 Posts
Likes: 597
Liked at 370 Times in 258 Posts
Rep Power: 23
Garry is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 My prediction.

Enjoyed that, Caz. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote
The Following User likes this post by Garry:
Caz (05-11-18)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nikon joins forces with stars of Formula 1 for Zoom photographic charity auction DPNow Latest DPNow articles 0 10-01-14 06:19 PM
Formula 1 is back! Ian Did you hear about... 14 19-03-13 04:12 PM
Formula 1 Spygate..... coupekid Did you hear about... 50 20-09-07 03:00 PM
Formula 1 Formulasa Did you hear about... 5 10-11-06 02:28 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:45 AM.


© Digital Photography Now, 2001-2018, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger