View Single Post
Old 07-02-17

Liked at 280 Times in 179 Posts
Rodbender is on a distinguished road
Re: Help..Whats the best free tool to compress your images??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
[eQUOTE=Galantis;84223]Hallo everyone, well after a long trip, i have hundreds of images that need to be compressed. I basically have no more storage space, plus compressing them would ensure that transfering the images will be easy peasy!. I would love to get personal reviews on what exactly you think works best when it comes to tools that are free. Thank you
Have a look at 'Easy Thumbnails' see what you think.

http://www.fookes.com/easy-thumbnails

BTW don't be put off by the name if the software .... you can choose tge size of your 'thumbnail' yourself ... it diesn have to be a small thumbnail.

sorry a I can't help much, I'm incapacitated and only able to use,a. small kindle with a fat stylus.

pol[/QUOTE]

Well done Pol for bringing this to our attention. I have for years now been using Easy Thumbnails to resize my images before uploading to a web host ready to post on forums. Never gave it a thought that this programme compresses images. I have always used File Optimizer to reduce storage size when saving to external hard drive or DVD. I can recommend Easy Thumbnails as a good program and there are loads of options to set the software up to your personal preferences. This could well be just what you are looking for.
Galantis (13-02-17), Pol (07-02-17)
The Following User likes this post by Rodbender:
Galantis (13-02-17)