- About AndyB
- Perth Scotland (Plymothian really)
- About me
- I started photography when I was about 17 & in the RAF, although I did dabble at school with a Kodak instamatic and a bit of darkroom nightclasses, mostly to take photos of the places we went to and of aircraft I suppose. My first camera was a Practica MTL 3 and was replaced (cant remember why) by an Olympus OM20 in about '82.
Its been everywhere with me and Ive still got it as it had a rebuild in '95 in a shop in Cyprus-cleared him out of spares!! I went digital in about 2000 with an Olympus bridge camera (Camedia C-720) but I found it very restrictive when taking action photos, especially bike racing, so after a lot of reading and trying out what I could, I got the Olympus E 520 2 lens kit. Ive had this nearly 2 years now and am still learning what its capable of.
- Motorcycling, R/C model aircraft, Running and Photography, mostly photographing bike racing
- Contractor working on trains
- The camera equipment I use
- Olympus E-510, 14-42 & 40-150 kit lenses