This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMA 2010 video report:: Fujifilm's 3D consumer digital photography

Here is a summary or excerpt from an article that has just been published on DPNow:

From the PMA 2010 show floor we spoke to Fujifilm's Jim Calverley about his company's new W1 consumer 3D digital camera and how Fujifilm's 3D photography technologies will fit into the big emerging picture that is domestic 3D TV, as well as PC use.

Click here to read the whole article...

Re: PMA 2010 video report:: Fujifilm's 3D consumer digital photography

Has anyone here seen a demo of modern 3D TV? You won't be able to avoid it later this year.

There is a school of thought that 3D TV in the home will be more effective than in the cinema. I'm not talking about the old coloured 3D specs, but using polarised glasses (cinema) and active LCD shutter glasses with LCD TVs.

I'm personally impressed with what the TV people have achieved and after the demo at Fujifilm's PMA booth their 3D stills (and home 3D video recording) potential looks great.

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Re: PMA 2010 video report:: Fujifilm's 3D consumer digital photography

I have been a user of simple stereo photography using a pair of XA2 cameras strapped together for ages and am seriously considering Fujifilms new camera. Howerever, until there is a major breakthrough on wide angle, specs free, viewing appeal is going to be limited.

Comment

Working...
      X