The new 14kg Sigma super-BIGMA 200-500 f/2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new 14kg Sigma super-BIGMA 200-500 f/2.8

Sigma's super-fast F/2.8 200-500 zoom lens is a metre long and weighs 30lbs. We've had a look at one here at the PMA 07 show in Las Vegas. Find out more about the new Sigma BIGMA and see our pictures too.

Read more...

Re: The new 14kg Sigma super-BIGMA 200-500 f/2.8

30lbs Just imagine the Robin shots you could get with it though, lol
    *chr

Comment

Need to go on a high protien diet to handle that
      -------------------------

Comment

Hello All!

Ahh Weightlifting for photographers. Now i get it

Comment

Originally posted by Goatsmilkuk View Post
          30lbs Just imagine the Robin shots you could get with it though, lol
          Yeah, and I'll finally be able to realize my lifetime dream of shooting wildlife from home - I'll just have to point my bigma to the direction of the park some 50 miles away and... sigh, forgot the damned earth's curvature...

either that or I'll wait till I win the lottery to afford both the lens and the army of assistants to carry it log-like on their shoulders!

Comment

It looks like Sigma is getting into the military industry with this missile launcher

George

Comment

Originally posted by rogerio View Post
              - I'll just have to point my bigma to the direction of the park some 50 miles away and... sigh, forgot the damned earth's curvature...

either that or I'll wait till I win the lottery to afford both the lens and the army of assistants to carry it log-like on their shoulders!
              the damned earth's curvature... - a quite fresh annoyance I have never thought about till now! Indeed the earth's curvature could be a big factor that gives future photographers big troubles. Fortunately I'm a mid-tele lens lover so I do not have to invest for this super zoom.

thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. I failed to read it. Ian's pics are much more informative than Sigma's own pic.
              yoshi

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi View Post
                the damned earth's curvature... - a quite fresh annoyance I have never thought about till now! Indeed the earth's curvature could be a big factor that gives future photographers big troubles.
                Very tall people shouldn't have too much of a problem and I heard that special tripods are already designed and about to be produced. They're very high tripods and are to be sold with stilts for the photographer.

HTH

Polly

Comment

Looks like my dream lens. Photography AND workout at the same time - can anyone think of a better hobby?

Comment

Working...
                  X