The new Pentax K-01 - we try to make sense of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Pentax K-01 - we try to make sense of it

Here is a summary or excerpt from an article that has just been published on DPNow:

Yesterday's launch of the Pentax K-01 mirror-less system camera was quite a surreal experience. Its unusual colourful and boxy design, the lack of a viewfinder and a big question mark over who Pentax is actually targeting with the K-01 required some time to reflect and digest. 24 hours on, this is what we think about the K-01.

Click here to read the whole article...

Re: The new Pentax K-01 - we try to make sense of it

Are we sure that this isn't made by Fisher-Price?

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551479 BC)

Comment

A missed opportunity and putting aside the unusual design (the less said about that the better) the lack of a viewfinder is criminal, have you ever tried to hold a long lens like the DA 50-300mm at arms lengh!

I have and it is not easy and will test the shake reduction to its limits. especially as the shake reduction is not as good as on my Olympus cameras which I know from extensive use of both.
      Regards Paul.
      One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

As a long time Pentax user of several of their cameras I am appalled that they can put something like this on the market. I am sure this will flop badly. What on earth were they thinking of at a time when their market share is pretty low and they needed to produce something pretty revolutionary, they turn out something that looks as if made by a cheap plastic toy maker. And to leave out a eye level finder, they must be mad.

Comment

It looks like it will be at home on building sites with all the other Black & Yellow "Toys" - Sorry "Tools of the Trade"
          Graham

Comment

Working...
          X