Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photographers rights rally on Saturday

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

    Thanks for the pix and video. More importantly you were there.

    Regards. Barr1e

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

      Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
      Thanks for the pix and video. More importantly you were there.

      Regards. Barr1e
      There is more coming

      Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

        A plate camera photographer at the photographers rights meet today:

        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK_o44Ln4c4"]Even a plate camera makes its stand - YouTube[/ame]

        It's a Chinese camera, but has a German lens

        Ian
        Founder/editor
        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

          Police and PCSOs surrounded by protesters, but it was all prefectly peaceful. One PCSO did (off camera) seem to be bothering a woman unnecessarily though.

          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGITUHzSGj0"]Police and PCSOs at photographers rights gathering get a heated reception - YouTube[/ame]

          Ian
          Founder/editor
          Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
          Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

            You could really feel the depth of this gentleman's feeling in the way he spoke, even though he spoke with the utmost politeness:

            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ntiuPRr8U"]Photographers should not be arrested or molested for taking pictures in public areas - YouTube[/ame]

            Ian
            Founder/editor
            Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

              This time the subject of unhelpful security guards is highlighted:

              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS5L4elO-Yk"]Security people, rather than police are often the problem for photographers - YouTube[/ame]

              Ian
              Founder/editor
              Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

                There are more pix in my gallery here if you are interested:

                http://dpnow.com/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/547

                Ian
                Founder/editor
                Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

                  Those are nice quality videos - good sound too.

                  Were you using separate a microphone or was it inbuilt?

                  Pol

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

                    Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    Those are nice quality videos - good sound too.

                    Were you using separate a microphone or was it inbuilt?

                    Pol
                    Hi Pol, thanks for that I used an Olympus Pen E-P2 and no, I just used the internal microphones, but they are stereo, unlike many other cameras that have a video recording facility. Olympus' experience in audio recorders have have rubbed off.

                    The videos are quite heavily compressed (except for the very first one, which I uploaded straight from the camera file), so I'm pleased that the quality has not been eroded too badly.

                    Ian
                    Founder/editor
                    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

                      Ian

                      Many thanks for posting all of this it looks like it was a good day and it was good for this issue to be hitting some mainstream news services

                      To everyone who was able to be there ... many thanks for speaking up for us all !

                      Regards
                      Andy
                      Sometimes I feel like a film... kept in the dark and let out only for short bursts

                      My Stuff is on http://www.shenstone.me.uk & I spend a lot of time over on http://e-group.uk.net/

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

                        Originally posted by Ian View Post
                        Hi Pol, thanks for that I used an Olympus Pen E-P2 and no, I just used the internal microphones, but they are stereo, unlike many other cameras that have a video recording facility. Olympus' experience in audio recorders have have rubbed off.

                        The videos are quite heavily compressed (except for the very first one, which I uploaded straight from the camera file), so I'm pleased that the quality has not been eroded too badly.

                        Ian

                        Excellent quality imho. I'd noticed, from the exif, you'd taken the stills with the E-P2 but wondered if you might've used a dedicated Digtal movie camera + external microphone for the videos (as they're so good).

                        Pol

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

                          Originally posted by Shenstone View Post
                          Ian

                          Many thanks for posting all of this it looks like it was a good day and it was good for this issue to be hitting some mainstream news services

                          To everyone who was able to be there ... many thanks for speaking up for us all !

                          Regards
                          Andy
                          Hi Andy! Nice to see you here

                          Ian
                          Founder/editor
                          Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                          Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                          Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

                            All very interesting stuff Ian, and Kudos goes for you for making the effort to attend the gathering. Seems like it was also a good occasion to hone your video skills with the E-P2
                            Stephen

                            sigpic

                            Check out my BLOG too


                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

                              It's been commented that there is a difference in the colour between the movies and the stills - the latter were processed by me in LR and the movies are unchanged. The camera did go for a cooler white balance. I'd be interested to know which people prefer here

                              Ian
                              Founder/editor
                              Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                              Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Photographers rights rally on Saturday

                                Originally posted by Ian View Post
                                It's been commented that there is a difference in the colour between the movies and the stills - the latter were processed by me in LR and the movies are unchanged. The camera did go for a cooler white balance. I'd be interested to know which people prefer here

                                Ian

                                I prefer the colours in the videos. I agree they're probably cooler but they also seem to be brighter and true.

                                The stills don't seem to have what I would regard as true blacks - there seems to be a slight reddish/brown hue overlay. For example - in the first still you posted at the start of this thread, everyone seems to have an auburn tint to their hair. The background buildings also have a red/brownish tinge.

                                Pol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X