iMac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iMac

Patrick, I hope you enjoy and like it as much as I have done. Hopefully you will be able to get Mac versions of Photoshop and Lightroom
    Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Patrick, I hope you enjoy and like it as much as I have done. Hopefully you will be able to get Mac versions of Photoshop and Lightroom
      Ditto. As an FYI when I converted from pc to mac my lightroom serial number allowed me to download the mac version at no charge.

Best regards

josh
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/40196275@N08/

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Bear View Post
        Ditto. As an FYI when I converted from pc to mac my lightroom serial number allowed me to download the mac version at no charge.

Best regards

josh
        Hi Stephen/Josh

I had made enquiries on transferring licensees on all the software that I was going to use CS4, Lightroom, Photomatix, PTGui, Noiseninja plus some other bits and pieces in all cases no problems, simply download the Mac version and use the same serial number.

Let you guys know how I get on, if I like it I shall start saving for a Macbook.

Anybody out there interested in a Dell with duel core intel 2.13 gHz, 4 gig ram 512 graphics card (upgraded last year), 2 H/D one 350 Gig the other 750 gig (added last year). 22 wide screen LCD Dell Monitor

sensible offers considered.

Patrick

Comment

I can definitely see us having to start a new board for all Mac related stuff
          Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

I can definitely see us having to start a new board for all Mac related stuff
            yes please.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/40196275@N08/

Comment

After using nothing but a PC for years, I purchased a 21" Imac a little over 3 years ago. I did purchase the service that allowed me to go once a week to learn to change my thinking from PC to Mac. I would strongly suggest you do this, makes life easier. I would not go back to a PC now for all the tea in China! Now I have the 27" Imac and it is a dream.
              grandjohn

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                I have this craving to buy a iMac. In fact I have lusted after one for some time now, despite reservations on price v specification. iMacs always appear expensive compared with PC.
                All Mac users I talk too praise their machines over PC but none can give a definitive reason, their reply always seems emotional rather than practical.
                There is of course the disillusionment many have with PC & Windows, but the praise of Macs appears to me to go deeper than that.
                I am trying before risking domestic harmony by buying a iMac (my wife has threatened to change the locks if I buy one) to understand the love for Macs over PC.

Patrick
                Hi All

My iMac arrived today about 10:30 this morning. Not had much time to play with it properly yet.

The monitors picture quality is breathtaking, I am in the process of profiling it.
                Will be spending the evening installing programs

Patrick

Comment

Hi All

My iMac arrived today about 10:30 this morning. Not had much time to play with it properly yet.

The monitors picture quality is breathtaking, I am in the process of profiling it.
                  Will be spending the evening installing programs

Patrick
                  I sense you are going to love it Patrick. Be aware that the iMac screens tend to be brighter than regular PC monitors, so this may affect your output, sure you will sort it out though.
                  Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

I sense you are going to love it Patrick. Be aware that the iMac screens tend to be brighter than regular PC monitors, so this may affect your output, sure you will sort it out though.
                    I don't think there is much difference between Mac and PC screens; all the latest LCD monitors I have seen are too bright for ideal calibration, unfortunately. Only really expensive monitors designed specifically for imaging use seen to either have a brightness adjustment that goes low enough for trouble-free calibration.

Ian
                    Founder/editor
                    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                      I don't think there is much difference between Mac and PC screens; all the latest LCD monitors I have seen are too bright for ideal calibration, unfortunately. Only really expensive monitors designed specifically for imaging use seen to either have a brightness adjustment that goes low enough for trouble-free calibration.

Ian
                      My Dell screen is very bright.

Can any one recommend a good book on Snow Leopard?

Patrick

Comment

My Dell screen is very bright.

Can any one recommend a good book on Snow Leopard?

Patrick
                        I have never bought any books for the Mac. Initially I got some basic help from my brother who'd had one for some time. Many of the protocols are similar to those on a PC so its quick to get the hang of things. However there are masses of online help on the Apple site such as http://www.apple.com/uk/support/snowleopard/
                        Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

I have never bought any books for the Mac. Initially I got some basic help from my brother who'd had one for some time. Many of the protocols are similar to those on a PC so its quick to get the hang of things. However there are masses of online help on the Apple site such as http://www.apple.com/uk/support/snowleopard/
                          Thanks Stephen

Its more where things are, to set things up the way I think I should like them.

Patrick

Comment

Thanks Stephen

Its more where things are, to set things up the way I think I should like them.

Patrick
                            Finder is the equivalent of Windows Explorer and is obviously useful for organising and finding stuff. System Preferences is much the same as Control Panel. You will have Safari as standard, I think its a pretty good browser, but I use Firefox on the iMac, Safari on the MBP. Program icons can simply be dragged on and off the Dock at the bottom of the screen. You will find all progs in the Applications folder in Finder. All progs come as DMG files rather than EXE files. All pretty basic and easy stuff really
                            Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

http://www.ftmphotography.co.uk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X