A bit of a challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a challenge

I have been asked to reproduce some photographs from a farm museum. The originals have been lost and all that I have are some prints about A3 size which have been on display, unprotected in a barn for about 20 years.

Any advice on restoration would be welcome. Initially my problem is reproducing them, do I scan and sew together (as this example which is a 25MB file from my A4 scanner) or photograph (12Mb and no join)? How far do I go in repairing, I am quite competent with Photoshop but not used to projects on this scale.

Re: A bit of a challenge

From what I see above it seems to me you would be better off photographing it. Put it on the floor with good light from a window, use a tripod and low ISO.

As for cleaning it up, its a tedious job, you just have to be methodical and work your way across the picture, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you how to go about that though
    Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Re: A bit of a challenge

I had a lot of fun with this a couple of years back. If I recall, I did scan it, rather than photograph it:

But Stephen is right, it is tedious work!

By the way, that's my Mum - probably taken in 1929 when she was 4 years old, in rural Leyte, in the Philippines.

Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Working...
      X