Can anyone date this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone date this?

I have scanned this old family photo but can't work out when it was taken. Can anyone tell from the image or the clothes etc?

Re: Can anyone date this?

Originally posted by Gina View Post
    I have scanned this old family photo but can't work out when it was taken. Can anyone tell from the image or the clothes etc?

Early 20th Century perhaps, the uniform looks like 1st WW issue. Only a guess though.
    Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

I think you are right Stephen! I've got a family photo from 1915, where the gentleman's collar is almost identical....rounded as in Gina's! Photo's I have from late 1800's to about 1905, show very high starched collars! It may depend on how formal they wanted the photo to look though I guess!
      Jocelyn

Comment

Hi Guys

Trying to work on the Cap Badge it look like the Royal Green Jackets and from the uniform just before WWI.
        Just a best guess mind you.

Cheers Dave R
        Cheers
        Dave R

Comment

Thank you for your help everyone I shall pass this on to my family who will be very appreciative, as I am.

Comment

Looking at:

The clothes, the hair style of the girl at the back on the left and the fact that only two of the 3 men are in uniform I would date it somewhere between 1911 and either late 1914 or early 1915.

It definitely screams Edwardian period.

Comment

Sounds most likely to me that it would be 1914/15 because my Grandad would have been around 18 in this photo.

Comment

Working...
              X