Prizewinner Announcments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prizewinner Announcments.

How is it that whenever there are 'prizes/items' to give away there does not seem to be any any announcements as to who the lucky b.....s are, or have I been missing something.?

Re: Prizewinner Announcments.

Originally posted by DennisP View Post
    How is it that whenever there are 'prizes/items' to give away there does not seem to be any any announcements as to who the lucky b.....s are, or have I been missing something.?
    Dennis I have raised this question no end of times. Just recently when the Forum was under discussion it again was raised. We are not alone here and many others are asking for information regards the lucky winners.

Comment

Originally posted by lumix View Post
      Dennis I have raised this question no end of times. Just recently when the Forum was under discussion it again was raised. We are not alone here and many others are asking for information regards the lucky winners.
      Could the lucky winners that have received their prizes, post what they won and when?

Patrick

Comment

I honestly have no inside info on this issue Ron and Dennis, but with respect you two seem to have made it your personal crusade to find out
        Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          I honestly have no inside info on this issue Ron and Dennis, but with respect you two seem to have made it your personal crusade to find out
          Good for them. All power to their elbow.

My personal feelings are that it would be better to have NO competitions rather than have competitions when no prizewinners are announced.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            Good for them. All power to their elbow.

My personal feelings are that it would be better to have NO competitions rather than have competitions when no prizewinners are announced.

Pol
            Surly there is a responsibility to announce the winners, its also good PR, and it demonstrates the fact the prizes have actually been awarded.
            As I pointed out in the earlier thread referred to there may be a legal responsibility in the UK to publish the winners.

Patrick

Comment

Well yes to that Stephen and I will continue to do so till the question gets a full answer. Now don't get me wrong here, I am not suggesting there is anything shady about these competitions or prizes. How could there be as I myself have been a winner, thank-you very much, in the past. From a PR point of view announcing the winners promotes the next competition. After all this is not like winning the lotto. No begging letters etc. to worry about, so why, if there is a good reason, can't we be informed.

Comment

Hi all - I raised this question again today as in looking at a posting in 'Epson P-3000 storage viewer review' I was prompted to look again at all posts to that topic and found a reminder of the prize of the viewer that was made then. I then realised that I had never seen an announcement of the lucky 'so-and-so' who won and this prompted my original post which started this thread.

Comment

Well yes to that Stephen and I will continue to do so till the question gets a full answer. Now don't get me wrong here, I am not suggesting there is anything shady about these competitions or prizes. How could there be as I myself have been a winner, thank-you very much, in the past. From a PR point of view announcing the winners promotes the next competition. After all this is not like winning the lotto. No begging letters etc. to worry about, so why, if there is a good reason, can't we be informed.
                  Fair enough, I really cannot disagree with the principle of what you say. I have in the past said as much to Ian privately so I'm happy for you to pursue the issue.
                  Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Fair enough, I really cannot disagree with the principle of what you say. I have in the past said as much to Ian privately so I'm happy for you to pursue the issue.
                    I agree, it would be nice to find out......I have been submitting to the competitions for ....I think.....about 5 years, and never won a bean!
                    sigpic

Comment

Re: Prizewinner Announcements.

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in posting the prize winners

August's competition prize winners are up on the competition page and I will add the rest of them today.

I hope that suffices. The prize draws are chosen 'out of the hat' so everyone eligible has a chance to win.

Regards

Julia
                      Julia

Comment

Originally posted by Julia View Post
                        Hi,

Apologies for the delay in posting the prize winners

August's competition prize winners are up on the competition page and I will add the rest of them today.

I hope that suffices. The prize draws are chosen 'out of the hat' so everyone eligible has a chance to win.

Regards

Julia

Thanks.

Please could you post a link to the relevant page too as I'm having difficulty finding it.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          Thanks.

Please could you post a link to the relevant page too as I'm having difficulty finding it.

Pol
                          I'm still looking for this page. Any chance of a hint where it may be.

Comment

The prize winners for the last few competitions have been added to the competition pages.

http://dpnow.com/4350.html

http://dpnow.com/4246.html

http://dpnow.com/4141.html

The October competition winners will be added asap.

Julia
                            Julia

Comment

Hey hey, hadn't realised Pops had been a winner, nice one t-up
                              Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Working...
                              X