Clear All

Re: Genius of photography new BBC4 program

Originally posted by fluffy penguin View Post
    yes monday night 29th at 8pm

for anyone that missed it
    it was a well informative programn, some interesting bits in it
    not sure if allowed to put links in,
    http://www.masters-of-photography.co...ing_horse.html
    but this fascinated me he had 24 cameras set up to take a sequense of picture of a horse, and was able to prove the horse lifted all hooves off the ground at the same time.

here is a link to give an overview for those that missed it
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7058774.stm

P.S sorry if not allowed links....

Thanks for those, FP. Links are welcome, especially if they are relevant to the thread (which yours are) and they aren't blatant spamming links (which yours certainly aren't).

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Thanks for those, FP. Links are welcome, especially if they are relevant to the thread (which yours are) and they aren't blatant spamming links (which yours certainly aren't).

Pol
      Yes - links our fine if they connect to something interesting and valuable. It's part of our service to our visitors! I do reserve the right to removelinks if they are considered spam. Webmasters must be considerate when linking to their own sites.

Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by coupekid View Post
        See my post above paul......repeated Monday, and well worth a watch!

I wont spoil it too much, but if your on Sky+ stick it on series link to record, it looks like its going to cover the complete history of photography.

It was, to say the least, very interesting.

I would be interested to hear what some of the more accomplished, and experienced photographers felt about the program.
        Can't say I learned a lot apart from the visualisation of the Daguerreotype process, but it kept my attention and I'll be looking at the next installation.

I think my knowledge of the great photographers of the latter three quarters of the last century is pretty poor so I will be interested to see if I can learn from the next few programmes.

Ian
        Founder/editor
        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
          Can't say I learned a lot apart from the visualisation of the Daguerreotype process, but it kept my attention and I'll be looking at the next installation.

I think my knowledge of the great photographers of the latter three quarters of the last century is pretty poor so I will be interested to see if I can learn from the next few programmes.

Ian
          I found it very interesting particularly learning more details about the Daguerreotype process, I thought Fox Talbot was a bit rushed it didn't show that much about his original negative process. Not even mentioning the advancement from paper to glass negatives by Scott Archer.
          I will reserve judgment on whether its a complete history, too much has been skipped already unless some backtracking is done in subsequent programs, it depends I suppose how the programs have been structured.

Did anyone watch the following program about Chambr'e Hardman the Liverpool photographer, it has been on before but it was still worth watching.

Patrick

Comment

Working...
          X