How About a DPNow Meet-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About a DPNow Meet-Up

Hi all. Would anyone be interested in meeting up for a day shooting in the Brighton/Sussex Area?

I ask this as I am up at Devils Dyke quite a lot and take a few pics when up there and would like to see how other people would photograph the area compared to 'what I see'.

We could also head down into Brighton, a short drive away and head for the beach with it's pebbles and two piers, one just a metal shell now, plus the town itself with its wonderful Royal Pavilion and interesting architecture around the old lanes.

I would like to meet up with other photographers and get advice, see how people approach their photos and so on, I could learn a lot from this kind of meeting but I just need your help now!

We could meet up first thing in the morning and try and get the sunrise or last thing an try and get the sunset or simply in the middle of the day, either way, if you would like to get together here on the coast simply post your interest here and we can work on a date or two to meet.

Brighton is a fantastic place with many photo opportunities. There is the downs a short drive away for some excellent landscape shots, the town itself with it's old narrow lanes full of unique shops, the Dome and the Royal Pavilion, the pebbled beach and of course it's two piers so plenty of things to photograph all around, the list is endless and a great days photography can be had for all.

We could post our best pictures in our galleries and maybe do a post where people can vote for the best pic from the day, no prize of course but something to think about!

So, how about it? I can do the weekend of the 26th October, any day from Friday to Tuesday. If you would like to suggest another date please do, we can work around dates as and when people reply here.

Re: How About a DPNow Meet-Up

Originally posted by ekkl View Post
    Hi all. Would anyone be interested in meeting up for a day shooting in the Brighton/Sussex Area?

I ask this as I am up at Devils Dyke quite a lot and take a few pics when up there and would like to see how other people would photograph the area compared to 'what I see'.

We could also head down into Brighton, a short drive away and head for the beach with it's pebbles and two piers, one just a metal shell now, plus the town itself with its wonderful Royal Pavilion and interesting architecture around the old lanes.

I would like to meet up with other photographers and get advice, see how people approach their photos and so on, I could learn a lot from this kind of meeting but I just need your help now!

We could meet up first thing in the morning and try and get the sunrise or last thing an try and get the sunset or simply in the middle of the day, either way, if you would like to get together here on the coast simply post your interest here and we can work on a date or two to meet.

Brighton is a fantastic place with many photo opportunities. There is the downs a short drive away for some excellent landscape shots, the town itself with it's old narrow lanes full of unique shops, the Dome and the Royal Pavilion, the pebbled beach and of course it's two piers so plenty of things to photograph all around, the list is endless and a great days photography can be had for all.

We could post our best pictures in our galleries and maybe do a post where people can vote for the best pic from the day, no prize of course but something to think about!

So, how about it? I can do the weekend of the 26th October, any day from Friday to Tuesday. If you would like to suggest another date please do, we can work around dates as and when people reply here.
    Assuming my calendar is free on that day - I would like to make it

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Excellent!

Thanks for allowing this Ian, I hope something works out!

Comment

Brightons only an hours drive from me , and oddly i am going down there this morning when i saw this post .
        I'm away on the week before , but would like to make a Sunday meet if anyones interested .
        Right now i'm up to my eyes in work and have'nt taken my camera out recreationaly since July , Plus i can nip into Park cameras and see how long my D3 & D300 will take coming into stock .

B..

Comment

Depending on the day, I'm up for this - shall we work on fixing a day?

Ian
          Founder/editor

Comment

Just bumping this up again - a DPNow photo safari in Brighton sounds like a great idea to me...

Ian
            Founder/editor

Comment

Working...
            X