Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone else heard of these problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else heard of these problems?

Hello All ,

I was doing some research and stumbled across this site. I wanted to know if there was any truth to this and if anyone has had these problems themselves? Thank you in advance for your input.

www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/canon-controversies.shtml
    Last edited by cowcrzy06; 17-09-07, 08:31 PM. Reason: Forgot link!

Re: Has anyone else heard of these problems?

Originally posted by cowcrzy06 View Post
    Hello All ,

I was doing some research and stumbled across this site. I wanted to know if there was any truth to this and if anyone has had these problems themselves? Thank you in advance for your input.

The article you refer to here is dated 2003. Surely, four years on, this is too out of data to be of concern.

Comment

Hello All ,

Jennifer, the truth is as you read it. There were some problems with some cameras, but generally the vast majority are fine. Don't forget that article was written over 4 years ago, so really you have no need to worry about that model today. I had a 10D and never had a problem with it. The same goes for the lens, I have one and its pin sharp.

If you look on the dpreview Canon forums, they are full of people who seem to have one sort of problem or another. The fact is though that its probably also true on the Nikon and other manufacturers forums too. At present and ever since the 1DMkIII was released there has been talk of a problem with it focusing correctly under certain conditions. I'll bet though that if I went out and got one tomorrow I wouldn't have a problem with it
      Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Hello

Okay so I ummmm well... Oh Geez! Okay thanks anyway!

Comment

Hello

Okay so I ummmm well... Oh Geez! Okay thanks anyway!
          Can I underline Stephens comments, I own and use a Canon 10D, It was bought when the model was first launched in the UK, and I have been using it regularly as my main camera photographing what I consider to be my serious stuff. It will remain so until I buy the new 40D (sometime soon)

Patrick

Comment

Working...
          X