Photography Show 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography Show 2019

This is the first year Anne and I haven't visited the show - so turned to YouTube to look for any updates to tuck in the knowledge base.

If there are more interesting ones over the next couple of days I'll post the link/s.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qowsc3EnqsI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qowsc3EnqsI[/ame]

Re: Photography Show 2019

I'm going later today...
    http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
      I'm going later today...
      Hi Caz -

Enjoy your day it should be fun especially if you open your money bag!

I know Ian will be around for a couple of hours before and after midday on the Olympus stand doing a podcast with members from his sister site xxx.e-group.uk.net.

I miss not going this year however 2020 is another time to catch up with what's around.

Comment

Thanks for the video, Barr1e.

I have never been. But it would almost be worth the trip, just to see Lara Jade on the Canon stand !

Comment

I was already shattered before I got there - I was shooting a gig and videoing interviews on Sunday afternoon/evening and by the time I'd got them downloaded/uploaded it was 1.30 a.m., then an early start for the train!

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to log on here yesterday morning before leaving, and the site doesn't work too well on my ancient phone!

The idea was to go and have a play with a couple of cameras I was interested in - both Canon, the 5d4 or the 6d2.

Having been one of the first to buy the original Canon mirrorless (the EOS-M1, which I still use a lot) I'd previously had a quick look at the M5 but wasn't that impressed.

Then I had a play with new EOS-R, and the chap on the Canon stand shoots the same things as me - weddings and music so he had an enthusiastic audience, particularly when I found out about the double cashback.

I went, I saw, I bought... Feeling somewhat poor and the new menus are going to be a bit of a learning curve, but I'm looking forward to it.

I did keep an eye out for Ian, but didn't see anyone I knew all day (until I got on the train home) which is most unusual.

I went to a couple of talks - High Volume Headshots, very interesting talk but the poor woman's tethering wouldn't work. I know that feeling, it's happened to me a couple of times!

The macro handheld focus stacking talk was good too, although I didn't last for all of it - I couldn't get a seat and by that time the feet and legs had really had enough.

I was invited to join a women's group promoting women in photography: SheClicks. Funnily enough, what we were discussing happened again today: my partner interviews the bands, I take the pictures and video the interviews. I got a message from the media company today: "his videos" have been posted. It's normal... I can shoot a wedding, be wearing a double harness and still people go and ask the assistant (my partner). And don't even ask about buying a new car... he doesn't even drive, but they'll still talk to me. So nowadays I always look at a camera/car/whatever on my own first!

Final talk I went to was by the first man to shoot a wedding on the R. Very interesting: he shot it on the day the camera was released, so wasn't allowed to see it until a few hours before the wedding!

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
          Hi Caz -

Enjoy your day it should be fun especially if you open your money bag!

I know Ian will be around for a couple of hours before and after midday on the Olympus stand doing a podcast with members from his sister site xxx.e-group.uk.net.

I miss not going this year however 2020 is another time to catch up with what's around.

http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Hi Caz -

I think you covered much ground on your visit to the Photography Show 2019.
            With your recent engagements you both must have returned to base exhausted.

Pleased you found a camera which I hope you enjoy once you have been around the menus - have fun with that. I'm hopeful it suits the range you cover with your photography and enhances the images over the previous cameras you shoot with.

Thanks for a comprehensive review of what you saw and heard.

B

Comment

I was there on Saturday and Monday morning. I recorded some of the e-group members with Mark Thackara from Olympus which I will be publishing shortly as podcast

We're already planning for next yeat (14-17th March) - I'd be glad to plan something for DPNow members as well!

Ian
              Founder/editor
              Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Working...
              X