Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone explored camera drones?

A video from outside:

Under the mantle of snow even gardens, streets and the most hidden corners of the Vatican. The exclusive images of Vatican Media.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g_yW4xmTwI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g_yW4xmTwI[/ame]

Almost drone like.

Comment

How about this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technol...-milan-catwalk

Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbender View Post
        Me too Garry. This new video game is a far cry from when I videoed 6 weddings in a year and was limited to mini DVD tapes. Editing then was a nightmare as we did not have the computer software available today. I have always enjoyed the editing side of video making and have played around a lot with my phones video. I'm now very close to purchasing a 4k camcorder. Actually I went to Jessops to day and they do not stock camcorders in their shops. You have to order online.
        I am now quite confused.......

The thread started out with camera drones. I thought. Yes. Sounds like fun. Then Ian explained that It may be better to purchase a separate camera and drone. I too see the sense in that.
        Now you are talking about a 4K camcorder. Sounds a great idea for my holidays and for family memories.

I'm confused, because I now don't know which to go for. Do I get a 4K camcorder ? Or something like the Yi 4K like Ian was telling us about. ( More suited to a drone )

I'm going to have to give this some thought.

Ron. Let me know what you purchase, please.

Comment

Saw that! Not sure it'll catch on.

Comment

I've ordered and paid for a Panasonic HC-VX980EB-K 4K Camcorder with Built In Wireless Multi Camera Function. I opted for this model without the viewfinder as reviewers pointed out that the extra long life battery made it difficult to use the viewfinder on the dearer model and for someone with glasses it was not worth having. I get on quite well with the screen on my camera so I don't see the point of paying extra for a feature I won't use. Also the camcorder can be controlled remotely by my phone or tablet computer. Something else I like is the option to use my camera or phone as a second camera recording in picture (picture in picture) reaction shots etc. I have downloaded the manual, all 276 pages, and I think I will be going to night school to learn how to use it. Roll on Friday when it should arrive.
            Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

That looks a very nice cam, Ron.
              I checked out some youtube videos, from a Panasonic HC-VX980EB-K 4K.
              Very impressed. Looked better than television, and far far better than any video cams I have had.
              I would be very pleased to hear how you find using it, when you get used to it.

Comment

I didn't think they made camcorders any more

Ian
                Founder/editor

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbender View Post
                  Roll on Friday when it should arrive.
                  Mmmmm.......Seen the weather forecast ?

Comment

I own a couple of very cheap drones with built in "HD" cameras. They're both actually 640x480 and produce poor results. A screen capture from video is about the same quality as the still shots. I have a couple of GoPros but neither drone is powerful enough to fly with them. I would like to get a high quality system that won't break the bank.
                    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
                    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                      I didn't think they made camcorders any more

Ian
                      Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Founder/editor

Comment

Originally posted by patmoore View Post
                          I own a couple of very cheap drones with built in "HD" cameras. They're both actually 640x480 and produce poor results. A screen capture from video is about the same quality as the still shots. I have a couple of GoPros but neither drone is powerful enough to fly with them. I would like to get a high quality system that won't break the bank.
                          You can get something like a Bayangtoys X16 GPS drone (there is a non-GPS cheaper one so beware) for around $125 and a cheap powered gimbal for another $40. Something like this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTOZZVjGmrw[/ame]

Ian
                          Founder/editor

Comment

Thanks Ian. I'll definitely look into it.
                            If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
                            GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Working...
                            X