Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

    Is it just me or is something eating the forum page from the bottom up. The last recent post I can see now is Sun up in Vermont. Seems to be getting shorter by the day.

    Can anyone else see this.

    Thanks.
    Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

    All the best

    Andy

    E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

    My Flickr

  • #2
    Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

    Originally posted by andym View Post
    Is it just me or is something eating the forum page from the bottom up. The last recent post I can see now is Sun up in Vermont. Seems to be getting shorter by the day.

    Can anyone else see this.

    Thanks.
    Yes I'd noticed too. I think it's probably because there are so few posts now, fewer and fewer people posting or responding so the list of filtered new posts just gets shorter and shorter.

    I don't know the time-scale settings for the filtered new posts but it does go back a week or thereabouts and the fact of the matter is hardly anyone posted during that time.

    Pol

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

      Yes, sadly this forum isn't as active as it was I think.

      I did suggest sometime ago that a front page redesign was overdue but there was no response.

      Perhaps amalgamation with e-group is the answer though there may be sponsorship issues there - I don't know.

      Possibly the whole photo forum system is losing impetus, Leica User seems to have less posts as does Amatuer Photographer. Not sure about Talk Photography or DPReview as I am not a regular visitor/poster there.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

        I think we should try and post one picture a week. Don't want to see this die.

        If fact I'll start now.
        Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

        All the best

        Andy

        E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

        My Flickr

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

          Originally posted by andym View Post
          I think we should try and post one picture a week. Don't want to see this die.

          If fact I'll start now.
          Good for you, thanks.

          I also have a couple more for 'The Daily Grind' thread. I'm about to upload them and post them in a moment. Nowt special, just filling up with petrol on the way back from the Vineyard (Lamberhurst) where I managed to miss the 'grape-picking' yet again.

          Pol

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

            Originally posted by Pol View Post
            Good for you, thanks.

            I also have a couple more for 'The Daily Grind' thread. I'm about to upload them and post them in a moment. Nowt special, just filling up with petrol on the way back from the Vineyard (Lamberhurst) where I managed to miss the 'grape-picking' yet again.

            Pol
            I'll have to visit Lamberhurst for some wine, we usually to to Tenterden vineyards when we're down that way.
            Been going there for years back to when it was called Spots farm.

            Their Bacchus is one of our favorite wines.
            Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

            All the best

            Andy

            E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

            My Flickr

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

              Originally posted by andym View Post
              I'll have to visit Lamberhurst for some wine, we usually to to Tenterden vineyards when we're down that way.
              Been going there for years back to when it was called Spots farm.

              Their Bacchus is one of our favorite wines.
              We're both teetotal actually, neither of us drinks any alcohol, not even wine. We just like going to the Lamberhurst Vineyard, which is just along the road from us.

              There used to be a very nice plant nursery there as well as the vines but it's gradually changed to vines only + the shop.

              The 'Swan at the Vineyard' pub and eaterie has also changed hands. It's all changing but the actual vineyards and views are still a pleasant place to visit.

              There's a family garage in Bayham (located between Tunbridge Wells and the vineyard) and they take care of our vehicles so we'd gone along there to pay off another whacking great bill (new cam belt and water pump this time) Last month it was a whopper for MOT, servicing and new tyres but at least we now have functioning 'wheels' again AND a tank full of petrol.

              Pol

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

                Going back to Andy's original post, the 'Where is this?' thread seems to have degenerated (sorry, Andy!) into an exchange between him and I. Have we really got it so abstruse as to piss off other viewers??

                Andrew

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

                  Originally posted by Andrew Riddell View Post
                  Going back to Andy's original post, the 'Where is this?' thread seems to have degenerated (sorry, Andy!) into an exchange between him and I. Have we really got it so abstruse as to piss off other viewers??

                  Andrew
                  No I'm fairly certain that's not the case.

                  The thing about that particular thread is that it's been running for a very long time, several years in fact. I think it's just grown a bit tired and I also think people are possibly reluctant to respond as they've probably run out of images to post if and when they guess correctly.

                  I would certainly have nothing to post if I guessed right. I don't think I even have anything else 'obscure' like my previous DLW reflection picture.

                  Pol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

                    I need to post more.

                    Here's an iPhone shot I took tonight while playing a golf course in Connecticut.

                    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
                    GoldenYearsGeek.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

                      Originally posted by Pol View Post

                      The thing about that particular thread is that it's been running for a very long time, several years in fact. I think it's just grown a bit tired and I also think people are possibly reluctant to respond as they've probably run out of images to post if and when they guess correctly.

                      I would certainly have nothing to post if I guessed right. I don't think I even have anything else 'obscure' like my previous DLW reflection picture.

                      Pol
                      I think you may be right about this thread running for a long time but as we seem to get so few posts here nowadays it is just another way of keeping the site going.
                      I don't know how Ian funds this site but assume it's with the advertising, just wonder how much longer it can go on.
                      Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

                      All the best

                      Andy

                      E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

                      My Flickr

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Recent posts list seems to getting shorter.

                        Originally posted by andym View Post
                        I think you may be right about this thread running for a long time but as we seem to get so few posts here nowadays it is just another way of keeping the site going.
                        I don't know how Ian funds this site but assume it's with the advertising, just wonder how much longer it can go on.
                        I imagine you're right about the funding but Ian is especially sentimental about this particular board.

                        DPNow was the first and original of his sites and he set it up way back in 2002 with help and encouragement from Stephen Anstey. A few years later, I forget exactly when, FTU was set up and the Oly users drifted away from DPN as FTU was an original four thirds board. E-sytems came next and that's how the original DPNow users came to be spread across 3 boards.

                        DPNow isn't brand or camera dedicated (as are the sister boards). It just continues to be a place where all forms of digital photography and brands are used and discussed in addition to other equipment such as printers etc.

                        That's a brief outline of the background.

                        Pol

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X