Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum portal remains closed - UPDATE!

UPDATE - portal page is now working again

One or two bugs were generated by yesterday's server move. The most prominent one is the main forum portal. We hope to get this running as soon as possible, but in any case it doesn't mean the forum is not accessible, it just means you will need to navigate via the forum indexes.

The good news is that the new server is delivering nicely on its promise of faster page load times. We're on an averag broadband connection here at the office and we find we hardly notice any waiting for pages to load now.

More updates will be posted as we have them!

Ian
    Last edited by Ian; 12-01-08, 05:13 PM.
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Re: Forum portal remains closed - sorry

Originally posted by Ian View Post
    One or two bugs were generated by yesterday's server move. The most prominent one is the main forum portal. We hope to get this running as soon as possible, but in any case it doesn't mean the forum is not accessible, it just means you will need to navigate via the forum indexes.

The good news is that the new server is delivering nicely on its promise of faster page load times. We're on an averag broadband connection here at the office and we find we hardly notice any waiting for pages to load now.

More updates will be posted as we have them!

Ian

Mine is just a 512 connection but it's great. Pages opening much faster almost every time and some of them open and load in a blink.

It's a shame about the portal but I also have the main forum page bookmarked anyway so that's ok.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Mine is just a 512 connection but it's great. Pages opening much faster almost every time and some of them open and load in a blink.

It's a shame about the portal but I also have the main forum page bookmarked anyway so that's ok.

Pol
      Glad to know that DPNow is just working fine! I now understand it was only the forum portal issue. Frankly I was a bit worrying about the transfer as I could not visit here until now - I had bookmarked the forum portal so I had difficulties in coming here yesterday or so. Now I know it is not that serious. Anyway congratulations, Ian! Wish necessary refinements also go well soon without much troubles to you and other people.
      yoshi

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi View Post
        Glad to know that DPNow is just working fine! I now understand it was only the forum portal issue. Frankly I was a bit worrying about the transfer as I could not visit here until now - I had bookmarked the forum portal so I had difficulties in coming here yesterday or so. Now I know it is not that serious.
        yoshi

For anyone who arrives here via the front page 'latest posts' link - here's a link that bypasses the portal and takes you directly to the forum index page.
        http://dpnow.com/forum2/

Pol

Comment

For anyone who arrives here via the front page 'latest posts' link - here's a link that bypasses the portal and takes you directly to the forum index page.
          http://dpnow.com/forum2/

Pol
          Yes, we are still scratching our heads about this one - so for the time being the best thing to do is book mark the link above, as Pol has suggested and check for new posts using the New Posts nav bar link. The Gallery, as far as I know, is working normally.

Ian
          Founder/editor

Comment

Re: Forum portal is back online

Yes, we are still scratching our heads about this one - so for the time being the best thing to do is book mark the link above, as Pol has suggested and check for new posts using the New Posts nav bar link. The Gallery, as far as I know, is working normally.

Ian
            David has managed to get the forum portal back online

Things are slowly getting back to normal.

Ian
            Founder/editor

Comment

Re: Forum portal remains closed - UPDATE!

Ian

You probably already know this or I've missed a thread somewhere but uploading images to the gallery isn't working (for me at least).

I got the following 2 messages after trying to upload one image:

This one above the main banner at the top:

Warning: copy(/home/dpnow/public_html/galleries/data/500/thumbs/IMG_1847_DxOTIFF_RAWmono.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dpnow/public_html/galleries/image-inc.php on line 314

The second in the main body of the page:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/home/dpnow/im/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 127x100 -quality 70 -geometry 127x100 -unsharp 10 '/home/dpnow/public_html/galleries/data/500/thumbs/IMG_1847_DxOTIFF_RAWmono.jpg'
              Stuart R
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/fred-canon/

Life is an incurable disease with a 100% mortality rate

Comment

Thanks Stuart - we're investigating...

Ian
                Founder/editor

Comment

OK, I also noticed that I didn't get an email alerting me to the fact you had replied to my post. I've checked that "instant email notification" is still switched on in my user CP.
                  Stuart R
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/fred-canon/

Life is an incurable disease with a 100% mortality rate

Comment

Originally posted by StuartR View Post
                    OK, I also noticed that I didn't get an email alerting me to the fact you had replied to my post. I've checked that "instant email notification" is still switched on in my user CP.
                    Same thing with me Ian. No instant email.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/petebphotos/

Comment

Same problem as StuartR.
                      PEDER WINGE.
                      (Denmark)
                      "You donīt take a photograph,you make it"

Comment

Me too, Error 127 when trying to upload

jo

Comment

There's no list showing who visited in the past 24 hrs. There's no 'time of last activity' showing either when you hover the mouse over the name. The absence of a list of 'members who visited' makes the board appear less lively and devoid of visitors imho.

Maybe those changes, absences, are intentional but I thought I may as well mention it anyway.

Pol

Comment

There's no list showing who visited in the past 24 hrs. There's no 'time of last activity' showing either when you hover the mouse over the name. The absence of a list of 'members who visited' makes the board appear less lively and devoid of visitors imho.

Maybe those changes, absences, are intentional but I thought I may as well mention it anyway.

Pol
                            I guess you could call it unintentionally intentional

The forum is not happy at the moment. To enable the forum portal to work, meant disabling some internal features and that's why some of the services you have noticed are not working.

I'm sure everything will return to normal soon, I just don't know how soon. David has been working overtime to sort it out, but it might not be until tomorrow before things are finally fixed - very sorry for the inconvenience.

At least posting does work, even if notifications via email aren't working.

Ian
                            Founder/editor

Comment

At least posting does work, even if notifications via email aren't working.

Ian

Thanks for that.

The email notifications are working. They're just a bit slower than usual 'cos they probably developed a bit of a limp.

Sympathy and encouraging vibes to David.

Pol

Comment

Working...
                              X