Is there anybody there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anybody there?

The site seems to have gone very quiet over the past few weeks?

It just seems to be and Pat who are popping in - although I can see several lurkers at the foot of the home page who have logged in, but not posted.

Although I didn't enter (nothing suitable) I see that the last Salon is also still running.
    http://carolannphotos.com

Re: Is there anybody there?

Sorry, Caz. I have no idea why it is so quiet now.
    It seems that members have either abandoned us. Or are busy doing other things.
    I can only assume that Ian is very busy. Otherwise, I am sure he would have logged in more recently.
    It is very difficult to keep any enthusiasm when its this quiet.

Comment

Shame to see what was once one of the best forums on the web be abandoned not only by the long standing members but by the owner too. I'm sure there must be a very good reason for this lack of activity. Ian did say one of his most important task this year was to get this forum back up to what it used to be. I'm hanging in there with hope but it's beginning to fade fast.
      Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Hi All

Not been in here for a while. Shortly after our last travels we unfortunately suffered two deaths in the family and I am still trying to settle one of the estates (as executor).
        Also been heavily involved in diy custom building a library in our new home to house our extensive collection of books and vinyl.

Had little or no opportunity toplay with the camera.

I'll keep looking in from time to time and do hope things pick up in the forum but if you should all move off I trust someone will pm me with a new forum address.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          Hi All

Not been in here for a while. Shortly after ourlasttravels we unfortunately suffered two deaths in the family and I am still trying to settle one of the estates (as executor). Also been heavily involved in diy custom building a library in our new home to house our extensive collection of books and vinyl.

Had little or no opportunity toplay with the camera.

I'll keeplooking in from time to time but do hope things pick up in the forum but if you should all move off trust someone will pm me with a new forum address.

Cheers
          Hi Rab. Good to see you are still around. Seems you have been very busy.

I sincerely hope we are not moving anywhere.

Catch up with you when you have more time.

Comment

I'm still here. Hope things pick up soon. Heading for safaris in Zimbabwe and Botswana next month and you know I'll take a LOT of shots.
            If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
            GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Pleased to hear that, Pat.

Hope you have a super holiday. Looking forward to seeing your photos. We'll be here waiting.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing your safari pics too Pat.

Not done much myself with the camera since I got back from Oz
                This is what's been keeping me busy (all taken with phone camera)

First stage construction

first stage complete

Second stage under way - the rug is just to prevent damage to panels when working on them

Third stage bridging the gap over the radiator and door - beam above is just to check levels

I'm currently doing the final trims and will be building and fitting a ladder to hook over rails to reach the upper shelves.
                Will dig out the 10mm lens when its finished - should get it all in one pic (if not I'll do a pano on the phone.

Comment

You have been busy, Rab.

Looks good too.

Comment

That's an ambitious project! On a MUCH smaller scale, here's what I designed a few years ago. I have a two story condo that I rent out. The downstairs bedrooms had ceilings eight feet high on one side and sixteen feet high on the other. Total waste of space so I put in normal ceilings creating a couple of rooms upstairs. I decided to access them through the master bedroom and designed a book case that opened on hinges. The result was a hidden wax/tune room, man cave, panic room, etc.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
                    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

I'd say that your project was more ambitious Pat, as it included structural alterations to the building - I'm just custom fitting some off the shelf units

I'm almost done. Just a couple of bits of trim to fit, build a ladder and fit a second rail. - Oh and add books...

Comment

Working...
                      X