Happy New Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year!

2018 was a very strange year for me; in many ways a year I want to forget and in others full of very special memories. The former is related to losing more much-loved relatives, on both sides of the world and realising that I'm now the oldest member of my immediate family. However, I managed a lot of travelling in between hospital and hospice visits and funerals.

My focus on the websites has not been up to scratch and with fewer distractions this year I intend to proceed further with the modernisations that have been applied in fits and starts over the last two years or so.

Here's one of my better memories of 2018 taken on the island of Canigao, very close to my mother's hometown of Hilongos, Leyte, in the Philippines. It's a drone selfie with Julia:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHhYaAozJ68"]Canigao Island, Easter 2018 - YouTube[/ame]

The island is to your left; we were standing on a sandbar on the southern tip of the island.

I expect drone photography will feature more in 2018 and I'm now using a better DJI model. I hope to try some others during the year, too.

There is no holding back smartphone photography, which I feel has really come of age too.

So here's to a happy and productive 2019!

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Re: Happy New Year!

Great video - looks like a good place to be on holiday
    Happy New Year

Comment

Re: Happy New Year!

I like the video. Happy New Year.