Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT - image posting on the forum is now much more advanced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT - image posting on the forum is now much more advanced!

One of the significant benefits of the new forum is that image posting is much better.

There is now no need to resize your images before your upload them; the forum does that for you. And you don't need to worry about the file-size (in K or MB).

This means you can upload from a smart device (tablet or smartphone) without fiddly preparation. And as the forum now adapts to the screen size and resolution of your device automatically so you don't have to struggle with tiny text and browser views that are much larger than your display.

By default, if the image you upload is larger in any dimension than 1600 pixels it will be automatically resized to 1600.

Once you have uploaded an image you are presented with options to insert that image in your post (at the position of the edit cursor/caret). You also have a choice of sizes to use. Full-size will be up to the maximum of 1600 pixels wide or tall. Large is 1200 pixels, etc. and you can also just post a thumbnail.

While there is no longer a centralised gallery, you can create mini-galleries or albums. I'll have more information on these in due course.

In the meantime - I invite you to try out the new image handling facilities for yourselves. Look out for the 'upload attachment' paperclip button or the button you can see in certain modes at the bottom left of the post editor.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Hi Ian

Probably just me being silly but I can't work out how to upload from Flickr. I tried the BB code and also the picture URL but it keeps telling me invalid file type.

Any ideas?

Ps I can upload a picture from my pc ok.
    Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

My Flickr

Comment

Ok I've sussed it
      Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

My Flickr

Comment

• Ian
        Ian commented
        Editing a comment
        You just paste the BBCode - it works for me

• Ian
        Ian commented
        Editing a comment
        What did you work out, Andy?

Ways to link to Flickr content here; this post demonstrates using the link button and a Flickr page URL.
      Founder/editor

Comment

On the desktop version of Flickr you can select BBCode for embedding a photo in a forum post:

PB060154-HDR-Edit by Ian Burley, on Flickr
        Founder/editor

Comment

Working...
        X