X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah ! Understood !

Comment

Test Video

Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Attachments are now visible to anyone not logged-in.
        Founder/editor
        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Hi Ian.
          Put it like this I am about to start looking for the Ark. Been raining here for the last 40 days and mights. If not it sure feels like it
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/petebphotos/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
            Attachments are now visible to anyone not logged-in.
            Agreed ! Just logged out to take a look. Working fine now.

Comment

It's all coming together fine now. Ian you are doing a great job. Don't blow a fuse, take time it's early days yet and I know what you are going though having done it myself many times in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
                Hi Ian.
                Put it like this I am about to start looking for the Ark. Been raining here for the last 40 days and mights. If not it sure feels like it
                Hi Peter. Did you make the most of Tennerfest this year ?

My son and a friend flew over to Guernsey for the tennerfest. They had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post

Hi Peter. Did you make the most of Tennerfest this year ?

My son and a friend flew over to Guernsey for the tennerfest. They had a great time.
                  Hi Garry

No did not even do one this year. It's Tennerfest in name only now or you only get two courses for that. I have said of late I would much rather go out and pay full price for a meal and know I should be getting something good. A lot of the menu's have fish on of which I am not a big fan or do very a lot of meals I do not like. Someone told me they use the tennerfest to go to very high end places that they would not normally afford which did seem like a good idea and something I may look into next year.

Its either that or I am just a tight Guernsey man
                  Good to hear your son had a good time
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/petebphotos/

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post

Hi Garry

No did not even do one this year. It's Tennerfest in name only now or you only get two courses for that. I have said of late I would much rather go out and pay full price for a meal and know I should be getting something good. A lot of the menu's have fish on of which I am not a big fan or do very a lot of meals I do not like. Someone told me they use the tennerfest to go to very high end places that they would not normally afford which did seem like a good idea and something I may look into next year.

Its either that or I am just a tight Guernsey man
                    Good to hear your son had a good time
                    I cant remember the hotel that he stayed in. But I remember The Slaughterhouse being mentioned. He also enjoyed looking around the German sea defences and hospital. Said it had an amazing atmosphere. He insists that we go over with him next year.

Comment

Ok, what have I missed? Things on my to do list:
                      • Logo branding
                      • Home page creation
                      • Enable larger (MB) photos to be uploaded and be auto resized, e.g. originals from say smartphones.
                      • Fix some broken and missing smilies
                      • Proper tutorial on new features
                      Anything else obvious I've overlooked?

Ian
                      Founder/editor

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                        Ok, what have I missed? Things on my to do list:
                        • Logo branding
                        • Home page creation
                        • Enable larger (MB) photos to be uploaded and be auto resized, e.g. originals from say smartphones.
                        • Fix some broken and missing smilies
                        • Proper tutorial on new features
                        Anything else obvious I've overlooked?

Ian
                        Cant think of anything else at the moment. Just amazed at how quick you got everything working so well.

Comment

I clicked on the Upload Attachments in the lower left, uploaded this shot (which is 1.3 mb, I forgot to resize it) and then selected Fullsize and got this result. A couple of days ago I was able to upload it to display much larger. See this post.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dpnow bridge.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.1 KB ID:	151943
                          Use this board to post your photos and to tell us about the scene you set out to capture. Don't forget that the best place for *critique* in order see how your photography might be improved, technically, remains the Image Insight Photo critique board.
                          If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
                          GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

So far I have failed to post an image using attachments. Tried both my computers and got this message
                            You are not authorized to create or remove attachments.
                            Here is the image I have tried posting by attachments. Posted here via host link [Postimage].

Comment

Here is a large photo (similar size to an unedited full resolution JPG) uploaded and resized to the maximum allowed attachment size, all done automatically:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	P6280846-2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	151946
                              Founder/editor

Comment

• Ian
                                Ian commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Haha - OK it got resized smaller than I intended - but at least it's there. More work to do...

Testing max 1600 attachment

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_6936.JPG Views:	10 Size:	354.4 KB ID:	151955
                              Last edited by Garry; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Ian
                                Ian commented
                                Editing a comment
                                1600 wide or tall images will upload fine. I was testing the uploading of images larger than that. The system should accept the file and then resize down, which it did but it resized it to an odd 700-odd wide pixels wide, not 1600, which is what I was expecting.
                            Working...
                            X