Photoshop Elements 7 and D90 Raw Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLVED Photoshop Elements 7 and D90 Raw Files

Can anyone help on how to make elements open d90 raw files. Ive googled the matter and it always seems to end in a rather lengthy discussion on 'why can't raw's just be raw's, its raw data and all should be the same anyway' type of thing. I downloaded camera raw 4 plugin, but that doesn't seem to have done anything. I like elements and wanted to just stick to one program if i could.

Any help would be super!
    Ash.
    Last edited by Stephen; 31-01-10, 09:56 PM.
    http://www.ftmphotography.co.uk

Re: Photoshop Elements 7 and D90 Raw Files

Originally posted by ash View Post
    Can anyone help on how to make elements open d90 raw files. Ive googled the matter and it always seems to end in a rather lengthy discussion on 'why can't raw's just be raw's, its raw data and all should be the same anyway' type of thing. I downloaded camera raw 4 plugin, but that doesn't seem to have done anything. I like elements and wanted to just stick to one program if i could.

Any help would be super!
    Ash.
    Seems to me you have 2 choices. Upgrade to the latest version of Elements, or convert your NEFS to DNG files. The DNG converter is a free download from Adobe, and your version of Adobe Camera Raw in Elements should then be able to deal with them. Personally I think I'd be inclined to upgrade..............how much could an upgrade from 7 to 8 be?
    Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Cheers, thanks for the info Ill try the converter for now and see if I can upgrade later.
      Ash

Comment

Ive tried the converter Stephen and works just fine, you can even batch convert within a folder, so from one shoot, you only have to do the conversion once and is pretty quick.
        I can't see much reason to upgrade other than the ability to open the nef's within elements directly. If you look on amazon the price difference for upgrade and full version does not make much sense, 4 difference, very strange. Ill be sticking with 7 for now.
        Thanks again
        Ash.

Comment

Originally posted by ash View Post
          Ive tried the converter Stephen and works just fine, you can even batch convert within a folder, so from one shoot, you only have to do the conversion once and is pretty quick.
          I can't see much reason to upgrade other than the ability to open the nef's within elements directly. If you look on amazon the price difference for upgrade and full version does not make much sense, 4 difference, very strange. Ill be sticking with 7 for now.
          Thanks again
          Ash.
          Fair enough
          Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Working...
          X