Olympus TG4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympus TG4

Bought one of these recently to use as an occasional macro/general camera for when I have the big lens attached to my Canon 7DII. To be honest I am very disappointed with the image quality even when shooting in RAW, with degradation at higher cropping very noticeable. The detail and ability to stand up to significant cropping is noticeably inferior to those taken in the past with my old Fuji 610 or Leica Digilux 2 5mp camera and in most cases not even up to those taken with my 12MP iPhone 5SE.
    Should I return it under warranty or am I expecting too much?
    Comments please.
    Thanks

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551479 BC)

Re: Olympus TG4

Hi David.

There doesn't seem to be any point to me, in owning a camera that doesn't take photos with the clarity of your mobile phone.

That would be enough for me to want a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by David Morison View Post
      Bought one of these recently to use as an occasional macro/general camera for when I have the big lens attached to my Canon 7DII. To be honest I am very disappointed with the image quality even when shooting in RAW, with degradation at higher cropping very noticeable. The detail and ability to stand up to significant cropping is noticeably inferior to those taken in the past with my old Fuji 610 or Leica Digilux 2 5mp camera and in most cases not even up to those taken with my 12MP iPhone 5SE.
      Should I return it under warranty or am I expecting too much?
      Comments please.
      Thanks
      How long ago did you buy it?

I haven't tried one for testing so I can't comment although its seems pretty good according to reviews.

I wouid think it's probably faulty.

Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Any developments David ?

What did you decide in the end ?

Comment

a phone really shouldnt be better than a digital SLR!

Comment

Working...
          X