Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLVED Focusing issue

Focusing issue.

I bought my wife a refurbished Samsung Galaxy EK-GC100 camera for her birthday. A friend has one and loves it. It has WiFi, 4G connectivity and does everything except make phone calls.

The camera was fine except there was something (a hair?) on the sensor and every light photo showed a mark. I returned it and got another one. The replacement had smears on all the images. Some sticky substance was on the lens and wouldn't clean off. I sent that camera back as well.

A third one arrived yesterday and I discovered no foreign bodies on the images. Unfortunately, only the middle third of each image is in focus! I'm getting a bit frustrated but will jump through the hoops and send the camera back once again. I'm just curious. What would cause a camera to focus only in the middle of a shot? Even the middle isn't that sharp. Here are a couple of examples.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Re: Focusing issue

I've had better results with a disposable camera

It looks like the lens is mounted too far away from the sensor. If you look at "FREE LENSING" pictures, they have this effect.

Back to the seller...
    Graham

Comment

Thanks Graham. I have two requests in to the seller to do yet another exchange. Can't figure out why they don't inspect these before sending them out. It's costing them money shipping both ways four different times.

How do I change the status of this thread to SOLVED?
      GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Originally posted by patmoore View Post
        How do I change the status of this thread to SOLVED?
        I'm not sure that you can. I think Ian is the only person who can do that in here.

I looked at all the Mod tools but can't see any that would do it.

Cue John Perriment ... can you help? Is 'solved' something only Admin tools can do or can a member do it for themselves?

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          I'm not sure that you can. I think Ian is the only person who can do that in here.

I looked at all the Mod tools but can't see any that would do it.

Cue John Perriment ... can you help? Is 'solved' something only Admin tools can do or can a member do it for themselves?

Pol
          Oh wow, I found the correct tool and managed to change the thread to 'SOLVED'.

It's in the 'thread tools' - choose 'edit thread' >>'Perform action >>> select 'solved from the (prefix) drop-down menu then click 'perform action.

I think it probably needs a mod or admin to do it, not sure. Anyway - it now shows 'SOLVED' ... and I learned something new today.

Pol

Comment

Sent back defective camera number 3 today. Awaiting number 4. In the meantime, this ad caught my eye.......

Okay, I was digging through a 1968 copy of Newsweek Magazine when I found this ad.
            GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Fourth time is the charm! Got the latest replacement and other than a missing strap it seems to work fine. Here's a sample shot - no hairs, smudges, or out of focus issues.

The camera has some nifty editing features. Here are two examples I picked at random.

GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Working...
              X