Transferring stuff to my new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring stuff to my new computer

Although I have a MyBook external hard drive, I do not want to transfer stuff willy nilly or I am going to end up with a load of stuff I don't want.

Struggling ATM with one or two things.

Firstly, my Epson Stylus Photo 1290 printer doesn't work. There are no drivers from Epson for Windows 7.

I have Windows 7 on my other computers and I could print from them. ATM I can't print from my old computer as I am not able to get a network connection (I'll investigate that at a later date), but I can print from my laptop.

Is it possible to transfer the drivers or all the settings from my laptop. I have tried right clicking and copying and pasting, but that does not work.

I seem to think I bought some generic drivers but can't find them.
    Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Re: Transferring stuff to my new computer

I've just tried plugging my Epson 1290S into my Windows 8 laptop, and it installed it with a driver called "Epson Stylus Photo 1290 (M)".

This page: http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Vie...GB&kbid=324521 indicates that the 1290 drivers are supplied in the Windows 7 OS, re: "... can be installed via the Windows 7 Add Printer wizard", just like with Windows 8.

Comment

Thanks very much for the link. I switched on the printer and it seemed to search for the drivers and it is printing! Yeah! I am so pleased.

Another little problem with which you may be able to help me, is that somehow for quite a few weeks now the printer has defaulted itself to print high quality photos.

These are the settings I select if print an image. I often forget and it takes forever to print and of course is expensive on the ink.

How can I set my printer default settings to just plain "Print" on plain paper?
      Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

I don't think that's specific to a version of Windows, so this is what I tend to do -

I go into the Printer Properties (right-click the printer in the Printers folder and select "Properties). There should be a "preferences" button. That should take you into the familiar options screen for your printer. In there, I just select what I want to default to, click "Apply" and close all dialogue boxes/windows that I've opened.

Whenever you print via something that hasn't saved its own printer settings, it should then default to the settings you've just selected.

Comment

The Epson I had enabled me to select paper quality and print quality via 'Printer Settings'
          -------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X