Ski Coach needs guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski Coach needs guidance

A friend coaches kids in ski racing. They train at night under the lights. He's looking for something that will allow him to capture decent quality video in low light and also capture good stills.

I guess he could look at either a camcorder that produces good frame captures or a good DSLR that takes HD video.

My DSLR (Canon EOS XSi) doesn't take video and my Samsung HD camcorder doesn't do well with motion. Ironically, my wife's little Canon point and shoot does okay with stills and video. Here's a short video I put together in NYC last weekend (the weekend before the Hurricane) with her $179 PowerShot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSEGlVn8lJM"]Streets of New York City - Views, People, & Performers! - YouTube[/ame]

What would your suggestions be?
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Re: Ski Coach needs guidance

Most new cameras now shoot at least 720 HD video and many do full-HD. A big problem is rolling shutter 'jello' effect when the camera moves fast.

Do you know what the budget is?

Fun video by the way

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Re: Ski Coach needs guidance

Originally posted by Ian View Post
      Most new cameras now shoot at least 720 HD video and many do full-HD. A big problem is rolling shutter 'jello' effect when the camera moves fast.

Do you know what the budget is?

Fun video by the way

Ian
      Thanks for the prompt response. I just sent him a note asking the budget.

Much of the video was shot on "Experience The Ride" in NYC. It's a bus with stadium seating and all glass on one side. They hire street performers. If you listen closely to the rapper, you'll hear him say "Connecticut" and "Pat and Penny". Our driver must have called ahead to get him to mention us in his rap. Pretty cool extra present for my wife's 60th birthday.
      GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Working...
        X