Channel mixer for PS Elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel mixer for PS Elements

For those like me who use PhotoShop Elements, and want a channel mixer. Here is a free one it works with PSE 9, and Windows 7, so it should work with any other version.

It seems even better than the one in PS, and its easy to install. Just unzip and copy the 8bf file, open the PSE program files click plugins and copy the file there; done!.

When the page open look to the right, its "channelmixer le" that is free. It might be a little confusing, as there is also a pay version on the page. I really don't see any advantage to the pay version, but of course I really didn't read the pitch to see any. The free one works 100% for my uses, so I don't need the pay version.

Link to ChannelMixer LE

http://www.simpelfilter.de/en/imaging/colormixer.html
    Steve40.

Re: Channel mixer for PS Elements

Downloaded this this morning but just had a play. Not sure what I'm doing, but with one messing about I like it.

Original:
    [ame]http://www.flickr.com/photos/theboyfast/6200556382/[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.flickr.com/photos/theboyfast/6200556382/[/ame] by Ed Swift, on Flickr

Mixed:
    [ame]http://www.flickr.com/photos/theboyfast/6211973694/[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.flickr.com/photos/theboyfast/6211973694/[/ame] by Ed Swift, on Flickr

Comment

I primarily found it for swapping the red and blue channels, for playing around with Infrared photography. But it can be used just like curves to change the color tint in an image, for either a cooler or warmer effect. Or even a radical color reversal, if it suits your purpose.

I am sure real dyed in the wool PS enthusiasts, could tell us more uses for it. But as Elements lacks this feature, and full blown PS has it. I felt like those of us who like, and use elements were being jilted. So I spent a considerable! bit of time locating this little program.

By the way it works for infrared, just the way channel swapping is supposed to.
      Steve40.

Comment

Windows only, though. Not for Mac users.

Comment

Didn't know I'm Sorry.
          Steve40.

Comment

Well spotted, works for me - Thanks
            Graham

Comment

Hi Steve, I followed your advice on this. I am new to this, I saved to Plug in on Photoshop in c drive, but when I open elements 9 I cannot find how to open it to give the option of using the channel mixer, can you help please, thanks Conor

[quote=Steve40;60462]For those like me who use PhotoShop Elements, and want a channel mixer. Here is a free one it works with PSE 9, and Windows 7, so it should work with any other version.

It seems even better than the one in PS, and its easy to install. Just unzip and copy the 8bf file, open the PSE program files click plugins and copy the file there; done!.

Comment

Just a thought - you need to restart Elements after installing plug-ins. Could that be the problem?

Ian
                Founder/editor
                Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Hi Ian, thanks for the reply. I did retstart and couldnt find it, but after some additional trawling, i found it under "Filters". Thanks again, Conor

Comment

Glad you sorted it out I have used channels adjustments for flase colour infra red images but not a lot else - interested to know what you will be using channels for?

Ian
                    Founder/editor
                    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

I bought a HOYA IR filter last week, so I'm going to have a go at some IR photography, I've read it's not the easiest to master but hopefully will enjoy getting out and about at least. I didn't realise Elements did not have the channel mixer required when I purchased the filter. Hopefully this will do the trick. thanks, conor

Comment

Guaranteed to work 100%.
                        Steve40.

Comment

Working...
                        X