This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Image of the Day

I love these,shopy. I'm sorely missing my garden with all the squirrels, foxes, badgers etc.

Pol

Comment

Family Swan

Fuji X100F

Comment

Cute !

Nice image, Barr1e.

Comment

Just realised I haven't popped in lately (due to a severe editing backlog - several gigs, one festival, one equestrian event and second shooting a wedding)

But this was taken on one of my rambles during my lunch break. I've taken this church many times before, but wondered how it would look if I focussed on the flower instead.

Just a tulip by Carol, on Flickr
          http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Works for me, Caz.

The Tulip looks almost superimposed, although we know it isn't.

The Tulip and the out of focus church, makes my eyes bounce too and fro from Tulip to Church, creating an image of mystique.

Comment

Thank you Garry - you've summed up exactly what I was trying to do, even if I did get some very odd looks as I tried several shots to make it work! Slightly easier, as I took this with my mirrorless - no viewfinder, but bright sun so it was difficult to see the screen.

Originally posted by Garry View Post
              Works for me, Caz.

The Tulip looks almost superimposed, although we know it isn't.

The Tulip and the out of focus church, makes my eyes bounce too and fro from Tulip to Church, creating an image of mystique.

Comment

Another from my daily walks - I can't compete with Barry's canals because the canal as it goes through Banbury isn't so pretty.

Taken before the weather went west again.. The first was taken with the mirrorless, the second with my phone camera and edited with Lightroom Mobile.

The second seems to be more popular, although the camera shot's colours are more true to life.

The wisteria of White Lion Walk by Carol, on Flickr

2018-05-17_172822 by Carol, on Flickr

Comment

Just look at that Wisteria !

It is beautiful.

Recently been thinking of planting some wisteria in our garden.

Comment

Perfect Painted Lady

So nice to see. by Andrew Peter Martin, on Flickr
                    Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

My Flickr

Comment

Very nice indeed, Andy. Perfect detail and looks good on a portrait setting.

Comment

Not up to Andy's superb standard, but I was quite pleased with this one - a day later than his, this was taken Sunday night: an electrical storm without, thank goodness, the thunder or the rain of Saturday.

Lightning over Harrow by Carol, on Flickr

Comment

Looks pretty spectacular to me, Caz

I have not yet photographed lightening. I was hoping to this weekend.

But the only lightening we had was in day light.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
                            Looks pretty spectacular to me, Caz

I have not yet photographed lightening. I was hoping to this weekend.

But the only lightening we had was in day light.
                            We have had some crackers of late and your pic looks like a sign from the Zodiac.

We were fortunate tonight driving from Kent to home after a week of grandparenting, mostly dry until entering our town which had just experienced a massive downpour and all the other bits which accompanied it.

Comment

Caz - that is a spectacular image. I've taken a fair number of shots of lightning along the eastern seaboard of the US but none as well timed or as sharp as yours.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
                              GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Thanks Pat: I got lucky - I only took one shot! It's also handheld at 1/40 so I was very pleased how it turned out, as that's not easy with a 24-70 brick on the front of the camera

Didn't go anywhere special to take it, I was sat in a garden in west London at a party watching an incredible electrical storm in the skies. We were lucky - no rain.

Originally posted by patmoore View Post
                                Caz - that is a spectacular image. I've taken a fair number of shots of lightning along the eastern seaboard of the US but none as well timed or as sharp as yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X