The Daily Grind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daily Grind

A new assignment that shows routine chores,mundane tasks, anything and everything that is part of your home life.

It doesn't need to be anything exotic, doesn't need to be top quality - just have some fun recording and posting pictures of sights, sounds, people tasks etc - all those people and things that are part of our routine lives in and around our homes.

Here's a couple of shots to get things started ...

The Hangman
    - aka the helpful husband bringing in the washing.

Feed Me
    - a fella who had to go for the groceries.

Keep them coming, cooking, washing, gardening, dusting, hoovering, deliveries, postmen, door-to-door spammers, neighbours gossiping on the street etc. etc.

Pol

Re: The Daily Grind

His new shed. The old one was 30 yrs old and I'd steadfastly resisted agreeing to having the old shed replaced because it was so dilapidated and photogenic.

I finally relented in June this year and here's a picci of the new shed. He's ever so chuffed with it.

Picci off a Panny TZ10

Pol

Comment

Entertaining the old folk. I live on a retirement park in Suffolk. Currently they are expanding the park and last week new homes started arriving. This 50ft home would not pass the trees so a quick cut back was called for. Kept us oldens amused for a few hours.

As you can see these homes are like caravans and come in two sections which are joined together on site.
      Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Great idea for a thread, Pol.

The fella in the blue shirt getting the groceries looks like he already has plenty in the larder! (Looking at me, my wife would say, "Pot, kettle and black).
        John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Well documented, Rod.
          John Perriment

Comment

Part of a series of self-portraits depicting problems with everyday life experienced by people with Parkinson's.

Yes, they are my feet!
            John Perriment

Comment

Yay, great images! Excellent start to the thread and they've also given me a few more ideas for possible shots.

Ron, those are super pics of the new homes and the tree problem has reminded me that we need to call in the tree surgeon to deal with our runaway Lime and conifers along the bottom of the garden. The council deals with the Oaks, thank goodness, as they have preservation orders on them.

John, your selfies are superb! If you enjoy reading crime and/or psychological thrillers You may be interested in the 'Joe O'Loughlin series' by Michael Robotham. The character (Joe O'loughlin) is a forensic Psychologist and crime profiler who has Parkinson's. The author conveys Joe's Parkinson's very well ... excellent series. Here's a link to his 'fantastic fiction' listings.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/r/michael-robotham/

As for cutting toe nails - I often stick my foot through the handle of a Tesco carrier bag and dangle the bag below to catch the nail clippings. I might try to grab a picci of that set up later.

Pol

Comment

man's work is never done

but he is allowed a break

-------------------------

Comment

Pol, thaks for that lik- it looks very interesting.

Pops, a man's work is never done in our garden either - because I don't do it often enough! Wish our garden was as neat and tidy as yours.
                  John Perriment

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post
                    man's work is never done
                    Yer garden's looking nice and that lawn looks very good. More to the point - you are looking fit and well. t-up

Pol

Comment

AND .. he gets his breaks.

The Kipper

The Kipper's 'quickie padlock' system when he cba coming inside to get the proper lock.

Pol

Comment

That reminds me ... must get the hasp fitted on my shed

Comment

Well done Pol for getting this one rolling. I think this will prove to be a very popular thread.

John your images are spot on. How easy it is to forget other peoples daily problems and you have given us a timely reminder.

Pops how nice to see you looking well and doing your bit with mother nature. Resting with a cupper is the best way to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
                          Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Here Rod, your pics give a new slant to 'moving home'

p.s. actually went out and fitted the hasp straight after seeing the one here.
                            Will keep my eyes on this thread for any more job reminders

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post

p.s. actually went out and fitted the hasp straight after seeing the one here.
                              Will keep my eyes on this thread for any more job reminders
                              Same here.

The hasp was all part of the fitting on the new shed, just as well as David's notorious for not getting around to things.

The shed was delivered free, old shed demolished and taken away + erection of the new shed and all of that done within about 3 hours. He got himself a 9x6 'Beast' shed from the link below. Very good service, quick and efficient.

http://www.easyshed.co.uk/beast-sheds

Pol

Comment

Working...
                              X