Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Daily Grind

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    Lucky you! We have loads of frogs, Toads and Newts everywhere but no hedgehogs that either of us has seen. We haven't seen any hogs for maybe 2 years now.

Pol
    That's cos I've got them all. Hardly a night goes by without my little dog finding them on her last outing. She is very good and never goes too close to them to scare them. I have a good laugh when she finds a frog. Noses it and it jumps scaring hell out of her.

Congrats on the hard work Pops. Sure looks good and you must enjoy sitting out there and downing a cupper.
    Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

David watching the £££££ adding up as he fills the campervan with petrol. We get 23mpg on a good day.

Note - he's not wearing a hat. A hatless David, a rare sight so enjoy the haircut - he did it himself.

Pol

Comment

And here's some other chap going into the shop to pay for his petrol (and buy a few other treats, sweets, crisps etc).

Pol

Comment

23mpg, my God that would break me. I get 42mpg from my Renault Scenic (petrol) and she is 14 years old. I'm surprised David has any hair to cut. Seeing the £££££s rolling up on that pump would make any ones hair fall out.
          Don't you just hate having to wait at a petrol station for a free pump, knowing the car owner in front is doing their weekly shop.
          Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Comment

Is that 58 Euros? Which would equal $73.??

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Holle View Post
                Is that 58 Euros? Which would equal $73.??
                No, I meant it cost £58 Sterling.

That £58 (sterling) would give us approximately half a tank. Petrol is approximately £1.32 per litre at the moment ... varies according to which garage you use. There's one place where we can get it for £1.29 per litre but it's about 30 miles away so not worth the distance.

Either way it's a silly price but the alternative is to stay at home and never go anywhere so we just fill up and try to get around as much as our cranky old bodies allow. There's no need to travel long distances to enjoy a day out - no need to get out of the camper and walk around much either, it can be nice just to sit in there, brew up a hot drink or food and watch the world go by.

Pol

Comment

Tom, I just checked with David and yesterday's petrol was £130.9p per litre.

You might also be interested in this link,
                  which shows the latest average prices for petrol and diesel in our area.

Pol

Comment

Working...
                  X