The Daily Grind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Daily Grind

Here's one from last year or the year before. A snapshot of David blathering with one of our neighbours whilst our front hedges are being cut.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Same here.

The hasp was all part of the fitting on the new shed, just as well as David's notorious for not getting around to things.

The shed was delivered free, old shed demolished and taken away + erection of the new shed and all of that done within about 3 hours. He got himself a 9x6 'Beast' shed from the link below. Very good service, quick and efficient.

http://www.easyshed.co.uk/beast-sheds

Pol
      Mine is only 8 x 6 but it was a pressie from Rachael on fathers day last year.
      -------------------------

Comment

Time for lunch.

Comment

Here's one from last year or the year before. A snapshot of David blathering with one of our neighbours whilst our front hedges are being cut.

Pol
          I need that man with the hedge trimmer!
          John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Kurt, some great detail and colour in your "Time for lunch" shot.
            John Perriment

Comment

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
              I need that man with the hedge trimmer!
              We have a house clearance team in once a year and they clear the garage, any garden waste that won't fit in the brown bin, any rubble etc and they also provide a hedge cutting/trimming service. They're very good, come within 48 hours of contacting them.

Total cost is usually about £250 per truck load of junk, hedge cutting included. They do a superb job with the front hedge and they also take all the cuttings away, substantial amount as the hedge is 80-90ft in total. It was getting too much for David.

It's local to our area but you can probably find a similar service where you live. Look for 'house clearance or direct waste services. Here's the service we use to give an idea of who to look for. Superb service for getting rid of larger waste too (furniture, old TV, garage clearance etc. The hedge cutting service is the icing on the cake.

http://www.directwasteservices.co.uk/

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post

Time for lunch.
                Thanks, Kurt. It looks like something tasty is coming up and I promise I'll help with the washing up. I'll do the dishes if you'll do the pans.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post
                  Mine is only 8 x 6 but it was a pressie from Rachael on fathers day last year.
                  Cor, very nice prezzie! The original shed was 9x6 and on a concrete base so it made sense to replace it with one the same size or there'd have been a foot of old concrete intruding on the garden on the other side.

TBH I'm not so keen it because the door is heavy and cumbersome and it lacks the 'personality' of the old one but he's happy with it and busily cluttering it up with all sorts of 'man junk'.

Pol

Comment

Cor, very nice prezzie! The original shed was 9x6 and on a concrete base so it made sense to replace it with one the same size or there'd have been a foot of old concrete intruding on the garden on the other side.

TBH I'm not so keen it because the door is heavy and cumbersome and it lacks the 'personality' of the old one but he's happy with it and busily cluttering it up with all sorts of 'man junk'.

Pol
                    It will be fine once its got a few spiders in residence and bits of everything on the floor

Comment

Not exactly mundane but .......
                      how about a few cuddles

and me having a cuddle from my grandaughter 8 years ago

Comment

What brand of tea are you on? What ever it is I'll have the same. You look younger now than you did eight years ago.
                        Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Thanks Pol, but I think they'd go into overdrive in our house and garden and it's unlikely that one truck load, or even two, would account for all our rubbish and cuttings!
                          John Perriment

Comment

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
                            Thanks Pol, but I think they'd go into overdrive in our house and garden and it's unlikely that one truck load, or even two, would account for all our rubbish and cuttings!
                            Believe me when I tell you that's the way it was here when we first approached them. I was wrong about their prices too, it's £150 per load and £60 extra for cutting the hedges ... total £210 last time they were here (July iirc).

First time we had them it took 3 truck loads to clear the garage and garden waste (incl an old incinerator, old TVs, Monitors and old desktop PC (stripped of their hard drives), old paint tins, old engine oil in old cans, an old garden roller, old lawn mowers, defunct convector heaters, old furniture, old carpets and rugs ... you name it, we had it. The garage and loft were stuffed full of stuff we couldn't get rid of easily or cheaply.

Over the past 2-3 years they're completely emptied our loft, taken away the old greenhouse and garden hammock (swing seat thingy), old and unwanted garden furniture, broken paving slabs, unwanted rocks and rubble from an old rockery, endless accumulation of difficult to get rid of household items - eg old kettles, pans, baking trays, discarded bedding (pillows, duvets etc now replaced), defunct vacuum cleaners and deep fat fryers, old stepladders etc ... and so it goes on.

We accumulate a garage load every year and call them in once every summer when we've sorted out what we want rid off and the front hedge needs a good trim.

They'll take anything and everything - extra £5 (iirc) for the likes of an old CRT TV or monitor and I think they have to charge an extra fiver for the likes of engine oil, paint etc that they have to dispose of on 'hazardous waste' sites.

Our lot do it all within a couple of hours and leave no mess - just a clear, swept garage floor (for David to start cluttering again). Our neighbours have all caught on now and also have them in every 1-2 years.

It's well worth it, honestly. Just look in yellow pages or online, phone around and you might be surprised at what can be done quickly, easily and not to expensive.

David had reached the point of falling off ladders doing the hedges, trying to empty the loft etc. I couldn't help him anymore and our sons couldn't manage to keep coming to help so he bit the bullet and called in direct waste services

Good luck with it ... but just do it.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post
                              Not exactly mundane but .......
                              how about a few cuddles
                              Awww Pops, they're all fabulous pictures! All such happy family images - how could anyone not be happy with all the dogs and the littl'uns surrounding you with so much love and support.

I agree with Shoppy too, you are looking so fit and well these days.

Gotta say this though ... Tyson slays me! Such an appropriate name for him too?

Pol

Comment

You have a busy life Pops nice photo's John.

Comment

Working...
                                X