Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Challenge: Where is this? IV

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    I have pics from inside one of the flats somewhere - a flat on the front overlooking the sea. Maybe I can dig it out, not sure. I think it may be on one of my external drives.

Pol
    Here's the photo taken from inside the flat in Marine Court. It's from a flat on the first floor and facing the sea.

Pol

Comment

Okay, here's the next one for the challenge.

Where is this?

Pol

Comment

Was Poirot filmed somewhere around there?
        Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn View Post
          Was Poirot filmed somewhere around there?
          Apparently so, though I didn't know that until you mentioned it.

Pol

Comment

I can't work out a search for this, so I'm stymied.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Riddell View Post
              I can't work out a search for this, so I'm stymied.

Andrew
              There isn't a search that would help so I suppose I was being a bit mean posting the picture.

Okay, Audrey's comment about Poirot was a very good clue. My image is also the full image, not a crop from a larger picture. I'd zoomed in on a reflection in some of the windows.

Pol

Comment

Here's another clue?

The shot was taken from the car park and the car was facing the sea. The reflection was in windows facing the houses (inland) opposite the building.

Pol

Comment

After playing about on line and using Google street maps, is it the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill.
                  If it is I went right passed it on my way to St Leonards
                  Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
                    After playing about on line and using Google street maps, is it the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill.
                    If it is I went right passed it on my way to St Leonards
                    Spot on, well done. It's a reflection of the houses in De La warr parade, reflecting in the front windows from the DLW car park.

The other side looks out over the sea and has the bandstand etc. Do stop by there next time you're in Bexhill. There are several photos of the DLW in my gallery and the photo opportunities are endless both inside and outside.

Here's a nice article and video of the time they set up a replica of the Italian Job bus on the roof.

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2...-warr-pavilion

And the only other place where I could find a photo similar to mine is at

http://www.intoxicatingprose.com/200...ls-palace.html

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      Here's a nice article and video of the time they set up a replica of the Italian Job bus on the roof.

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2...-warr-pavilion

Pol
                      Thank you, I found that article while I was searching online. When I said I went right passed it I was on the train so not quite true.
                      We spend a week at Pett every year so I'll try and get along then.

All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

My Flickr

Comment

Try this one.

All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

Andy,

Knowing some of your stamping grounds, these are my thoughts:

1. This is a disused railway line adopted as a 'park' (see municipal-type display board.

2. From the space between the platforms, it was a double track line.

3. I think that rules out the old Epping-Ongar part of the Central Line.

Is it a disused station on the Finsbury Park - Alexandra Palace line?

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Riddell View Post
                            Andy,

Is it a disused station on the Finsbury Park - Alexandra Palace line?

Andrew
                            Andrew

You're on the right "line" so to speak, any idea which station?

All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
                              Andrew

You're on the right "line" so to speak, any idea which station?
                              After some more research, I think it is (or was!) Crouch End Station shot from the Crouch End Hill bridge.

Andrew

Comment

Sorry I was for the rest of yesterday.

Yes you're right it is Crouch End. This now known as the Parkland walk and runs from Findsbury Park to Alley Pally. The old railway line was a Beeching closure even after plans at one time to extend it as part of the Northern line.

It's the longest local nature reserve in London but also the narrowest. Worth the walk to see this old station and the viaduct with it's panoramic views of London near Muswell Hill as well as the wildlife.

Well done and over to you.

All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X