Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hammer Horror

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hammer Horror

    Seen at a recent rally.


  • #2
    Re: Hammer Horror

    I often wonder how do they do paint jobs like that. Plus there's a lot of nifty work on the chrome. Reminds me of my youth when I had a Triumph scooter with 250cc four stroke twin engine and used to see all the Vespers etc off.
    Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Hammer Horror

      Thanks, Ron.
      Didn't know that Triumph even made scooters !
      Had to do a google search.... Was it the Triumph 250cc 'Tigress' scooter ?

      Re paint work. I should have looked closer. Not sure if it is a paint job or printed transfers like on vans and buses.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Hammer Horror

        Yes Garry it was the Tigress and boy was it quick. As for the paint job you are probably right. All transfers but I would not think so on the chrome work. Here's a pic of me in my prime.



        Now I'm 81 the bike probably looks better than me.
        Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Hammer Horror

          In 1960, my Dad was stationed at Maxfield AFB in Mongtomery, Alabama. I was 14 and that was old enough to ride a scooter. Unfortunately I don't have any photos but I had a 1946 Cushman Husky with a centrifugal clutch and a 1952 Vespa that bicycle handlebars. I just found a similar Vespa online for $3500 and a Cushman for $4500!

          These are a couple of photos from a Google search.



          If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
          GoldenYearsGeek.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Hammer Horror

            Originally posted by Rodbender View Post
            Yes Garry it was the Tigress and boy was it quick. As for the paint job you are probably right. All transfers but I would not think so on the chrome work. Here's a pic of me in my prime.



            Now I'm 81 the bike probably looks better than me.
            Looking cool, Ron.

            Looks like you were dressed smart. So a mod, in the past ?

            P.s. Is that the kick start pedal I am looking at, sticking out from under the foot plate ?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Hammer Horror

              Originally posted by patmoore View Post
              In 1960, my Dad was stationed at Maxfield AFB in Mongtomery, Alabama. I was 14 and that was old enough to ride a scooter. Unfortunately I don't have any photos but I had a 1946 Cushman Husky with a centrifugal clutch and a 1952 Vespa that bicycle handlebars. I just found a similar Vespa online for $3500 and a Cushman for $4500!
              Crikey ! Never heard of the Cushman Husky either.
              I really must get out more
              The Vespa's were spread throughout the world, I believe.
              These machines are worth a fortune now.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Hammer Horror

                Originally posted by Garry View Post
                Looking cool, Ron.

                Looks like you were dressed smart. So a mod, in the past ?

                P.S. Is that the kick start pedal I am looking at, sticking out from under the foot plate ?
                Yes you are right on both counts. In those days most people were dressed fairly smart.

                This one was taken outside where I was apprenticed for 7 years in the print.



                One of me when I was a bit older.

                Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Hammer Horror

                  Originally posted by Rodbender View Post
                  Yes you are right on both counts. In those days most people were dressed fairly smart.

                  This one was taken outside where I was apprenticed for 7 years in the print.
                  Nice ! Both your bikes ? Looked like the first was a Triumph ? What was the second ?

                  So you went from scooters, to motorcycles.

                  Still looking smart there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Hammer Horror

                    No quite the revers. First bike was a paratroopers 95cc corgi folding machine. Then the Triumph and later the Matchless G9. The scooter came after my army service and by then I was married. Hence downgraded to a scooter.
                    Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Hammer Horror

                      Very interesting, Ron. Thanks for the info.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X