• Garry
    replied
    Re: All Our Yesterdays

Nice to put some faces to names !

Leave a comment:

• Caz
    replied

Talking of photo meet ups, I only ever managed to go on one, in 2007 in Oxford. There was quite a good attendance: I remember meeting Mike Parr as well as Patrick and, of course, Ian and Julia. In fact, there's a list of all the attendees under this group photo:

At that time, I was the only one with a compact camera - I'd recently upgraded from a 4mb Fuji to a 7mb Canon Powershot. This was about a year before I bought my first DSLR

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied

Ah ! Just found her. " Tia "

Easty- uk's Rottweiler. I see he posted quite a few photos of her here too.

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied

Two very good photos !

I remember Easty-uk from the old Tiscali photographic forum, Ron. I liked his style of photography.

I also think that's where I met you and Leevan ( Pops )

Do you remember Easty-uk's Rottweiler dog ? he often showed photos of her. Lovely animal

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    replied

No Andrew moved on like many others around that time. I lost track of a lot of very competent photographers due to being busy building my own forum. My next selected member also moved on but fortunately his superb work is still here for us to view. Easty-uk has a gallery I highly recommend visiting. Here are a couple of samples for you to see.

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied

Yes, Ron. I liked Pol's comments on this photo.

I agree, that it does look like a couple of chums, out with cameras. But could also be seen as more sinister Good image all the same.

I see it has been over 10 years since Andrew Thatcher was here. Does anyone know what happened to him ?

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    replied

Andrew Thatcher also went out with them on many occasions. Here's a shot Andrew took of them. Stephen left and Tim right. Go into Andrews gallery and read Pols comments on this image.

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied

Never seen this one before, Ron.
    But I can see why you picked it.
    Being a late comer to the forum, I didn't realise there was a photographic connection between Stephen and ( Tim ) Bearface.

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    replied

Mum's gonna kill me...

I always looked forward to seeing what Stephen and Bearface would post after one of their trips out together. I had many happy hours discussing images with both of them and remember this image that Tim (Bearface) took. Both were professional photographers that loved to do their own thing when not working for a client. Sadly Stephen is no longer with us. I do hope Tim is still around producing super images like the one here.
    Last edited by Rodbender; 23-07-19, 04:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    replied

Thanks for that, I had forgot you could get info by clicking on the image.
    I can see why you selected this image now. Makes interesting reading on how he went about capturing such a splendid image.

Leave a comment:

• patmoore
    replied

Eyal Zarrad

Clicking on the photo will give you a lot of info on the shot.

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    replied

Originally posted by patmoore View Post
    Here's one from the Golden Gallery ten years ago.
    It's a nice image, but who was the author?

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    replied

Originally posted by Garry View Post
    A photo by Horacio, SundayII

I particularly like this image for it's strong shapes, strong lines and strong colours. It is bright and warm.
    To me it is a photographic art form.
    I admire photographers who can see these artistic style of photos. I never seem to be able to.
    Its only now that I wish I had got to know Horacio and had asked if he also produced images in any other art format. Perhaps he was, and probably still, an artist of some sort. There's no doubt Horacio's work stood out from the norm.

Leave a comment:

• patmoore
    replied

Here's one from the Golden Gallery ten years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied

A photo by Horacio, SundayII

I particularly like this image for it's strong shapes, strong lines and strong colours. It is bright and warm.
    To me it is a photographic art form.
    I admire photographers who can see these artistic style of photos. I never seem to be able to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X