I'm rested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm rested

Whilst taking a rest from posting I have continued with my love of photography and of course with Anne (wife) at my side. It’s difficult to tell who takes the better picture, (that’s if we do of course).
    I get more enjoyment trying to get the best out of the image through post processing whereas Anne uses basic light/darkness crop to hers. So I suppose Anne wins as she studies more with the settings in camera.
    Anyhow, I drift slightly from what I hope to do and that is to post a picture a day of this year’s butterflies I have taken this season.
    I hope you enjoy them and add the odd comment as the series progresses.

Marbled White - Melanagaria galathea

Olympus OM D EM 1 + Olympus 40-150 lens coupled with 1.4 converter - F6.3 - A.mode - ev -0.3 iso 250 etc

Regards. Barr1e

Re: I'm rested

Nice to see you back with a very nice picture. I too have not been posting on a certain other site that we both used to frequent.
    To much politics recently for me.
    Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

My Flickr

Comment

This small butterfly is possibly one of my three favourites – its colour, flight and willingness to sit whilst having its pic taken are wonderful.

Common Blue Polyommatus icarus

Olympus OM D EM 1 + Olympus 40-150 lens coupled with 1.4 converter - F6.3 - A.mode - ev -0.3 iso 250 etc

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

I like them both, Barrie, but the Marbled White is something special.
        Stephen

Just take it easy. There's always tomorrow. And if tomorrow doesn't come, you won't have wasted any effort on it.

My Flickr site

Comment

Hi Stephen -

Thanks.

I see Mistletoe has renewed your avatar so as to speak. At least she helped get you both on prime time TV.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Yes, she's signing autographs now ...

Even had a visitation from Ian!
            Stephen

Just take it easy. There's always tomorrow. And if tomorrow doesn't come, you won't have wasted any effort on it.

My Flickr site

Comment

>
              This spectacular fritillary is a joy to watch, especially when the male tries to woo a female - swooping down in a looping fashion.

Silver washed Fritillary Argynnis paphia

Olympus OM D EM 1 + Olympus 40-150 lens coupled with 1.4 converter - F6.3 - A.mode - ev -0.7 iso 250 etc

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

In the old meadow Anne and I used to visit (sadly no more) we used to see these feasting on over ripened fruit- a beautifully coloured butterfly.

Red Admiral Vanessa atalanta

Olympus OM D EM 1 + Olympus 40-150 lens coupled with 1.4 converter – F7.1 - A.mode - ev -0.7 iso 250 etc

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Most of the Gatekeepers I have photographed recently have at least two mites living on them and as many as four – although they are supposed to be harmless.
                  An attractive little butterfly.

Gatekeeper Pyronia tithonus

Olympus OM D EM 1 + 40-150 lens coupled with 1.4 converter - F6.3 ev -0.7 A. mode etc

...and a full frontal.

Olympus OM D EM 1 + 40-150 lens coupled with 1.4 converter - F6.3 ev -1.3 A. mode etc

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

This shows the ragged outline of the Comma and in flight it can be mistaken for a fritillary.

Comma Polygonia c-album

Olympus OM D EM 1 + Olympus 40-150 lens coupled with 1.4 converter – F6.3 - A.mode - ev -0.7 iso 250 etc

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

This well known butterfly spends a lot of its time sunning itself on the ground (in these pic on leaves).

Painted Lady Vanessa cardui

Olympus OM D E M1 + 40-150 lens with 1.4 converter -A.mode - F7.1 - ev -0.7 - iso250 etc

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

This butterfly fits in my top five of favourites. The difference in colour between the male and female both delight and its limbs stand out well too.

Brimstone Gonepteryx rhamni

Olympus OM D EM 1 + Olympus 40-150 lens coupled with 1.4 converter – F7.1 - A.mode - ev -0.7 iso 250 etc

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Lovely set Barrie but the marbled white shines through.
                          Regards Paul.
                          One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by OlyPaul View Post
                            Lovely set Barrie but the marbled white shines through.
                            Hi Paul -

Thanks, I'm rather pleased with that one too.

Although I wished I could hone my skills to be as worthy as yours with post processing, you are in my eyes the 'master'.

I hope your health has improved over the year.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

These are so good. I'm now working at the Essex Wildlife Trust and we get a lot of pictures submitted for use on our website. Very few come close to the quality of these images.

*chr
                              Graham

Comment

Working...
                              X