Panasonic FZ200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic FZ200

Early this year I purchased a Panasonic FZ200. I have to say I'm rather chuffed with it. The zoom is incredible and although the high ISO's are a bit noisy I have found little need to use them with the lens having f2.8 throughout the full zoom range. Below are a few images I have captured over the last 6 months. Your comments are welcome.

Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Re: Panasonic FZ200

You and your camera have captured a pleasing series.

I particularly like the third and the last.

Looking forward to seeing more pix from you.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Thanks Barr1e for commenting on my images. The images you liked were taken, first a street singer in Thetford and second was at the Woolpit steam show. I find this new camera a great asset as I'm now disabled and restricted to using a modility scooter. Can't cope with DSLR's and Lenses any more so the Zoom on this camera has become my legs.

Comment

Nice ones though I especially like 2, 3 and 4 - the pics of the singer/busker. Was he any good?

I didn't realise you were using a scooter these days. I'm none too mobile myself atm though managing better without a stick occasionally. I can also manage the dSLR again but only if I'm seated - left arm getting stronger, which is good. We also splashed out on a stairlift last November so that's been a huge help for both of us.

Pol

Comment

Really like 3 & 4 especially with the enhanced presentation
          -------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            Nice ones though I especially like 2, 3 and 4 - the pics of the singer/busker. Was he any good?

I didn't realise you were using a scooter these days. I'm none too mobile myself atm though managing better without a stick occasionally. I can also manage the dSLR again but only if I'm seated - left arm getting stronger, which is good. We also splashed out on a stairlift last November so that's been a huge help for both of us.

Pol
            Thanks Pol and Pops for comments. Yes my emphysema is gradually slowing me down and walking is quite a problem if it's more than a few yards.
            The street singer was very good. I could have sat there on me scooter listening and watching for hours, but got moved on by the wife. All my editing on these was done in Picasa Pops. I find Picasa has all I need these days to tart a picture up. As you both know I'm rather busy else where, so don't get much time to edit or post here.

Comment

I have alway liked Panasonic Lumix superzooms, right from the very first FZ1 launched in 2002 with a 12x Leica-branded lens (35-420mm equivalent) and optical image stabilisation. It was small, light and very desirable even though Panasonic had virtually no track record as a stills camera company back then.

Ian
              Founder/editor
              Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                I have alway liked Panasonic Lumix superzooms, right from the very first FZ1 launched in 2002 with a 12x Leica-branded lens (35-420mm equivalent) and optical image stabilisation. It was small, light and very desirable even though Panasonic had virtually no track record as a stills camera company back then.

Ian
                Since going digital I have only ever owned Panasonic cameras. FZ20, FZ5, FZ18, TZ20 and now the FZ200. Also had Panasonic video cameras and editing desk. Can honestly say I have never been disappointed with any of their products. My wife has had a Canon and a Sony digital camera, but although I have used both, nether have tempted me to change. The Leica connection with Panasonic seems a good marriage. At the age of 77 I can't see myself wanting to buy any more cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbender View Post
                  Since going digital I have only ever owned Panasonic cameras. FZ20, FZ5, FZ18, TZ20 and now the FZ200. Also had Panasonic video cameras and editing desk. Can honestly say I have never been disappointed with any of their products. My wife has had a Canon and a Sony digital camera, but although I have used both, nether have tempted me to change. The Leica connection with Panasonic seems a good marriage. At the age of 77 I can't see myself wanting to buy any more cameras.
                  Famous last words!

Ian
                  Founder/editor
                  Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                  Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                  Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                  Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                    Famous last words!

Ian
                    Agreed.

DennisP is well into his 80s and still likes to splash out on new kit occasionally. Didn't he get himself one of the latest Oly models a few months ago? I forgot the details of what it was he chose.

Never say'never', 'Shoppy' and I also hope you still manage to do some fishing occasionally.

Pol

Comment

Agreed.

DennisP is well into his 80s and still likes to splash out on new kit occasionally. Didn't he get himself one of the latest Oly models a few months ago? I forgot the details of what it was he chose.

Never say'never', 'Shoppy' and I also hope you still manage to do some fishing occasionally.

Pol
                      Long time since you called me That Pol. Just to let the others here know, I used to post here as shopstik. Stephen (sadly missed), Pol, Pops and I are old Tiscali forum members.
                      Fishing gear all sold last year Pol. Not a safe option to ride mobility scooters around lakes. So I'm best sticking to computers and cameras.
                      Glad to hear you are getting back to using your DSLR. Have you thought of downsizing for perhaps a mirrorless camera. They are quite small, light and produce some very good images.
                      Last edited by Rodbender; 30-07-14, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Have you thought of downsizing for perhaps a mirrorless camera. They are quite small, light and produce some very good images.
                        I think about it all the time and I also hanker after a Leica M8 as I'd like to try a rangefinder - but 'thinking about it and dreaming about it' is as far as I got ... so far anyway!

I was also thinking it might be fun to try the Panasonic DMC-FZ72EB with the 60x optical zoom and 20mm WA - but then again your FZ 200 has the f/2.8.

I hope I never grow too old to stop dreaming - and chasing at least some of those dreams.

Pol

Comment

I think about it all the time and I also hanker after a Leica M8 as I'd like to try a rangefinder - but 'thinking about it and dreaming about it' is as far as I got ... so far anyway!

I was also thinking it might be fun to try the Panasonic DMC-FZ72EB with the 60x optical zoom and 20mm WA - but then again your FZ 200 has the f/2.8.

I hope I never grow too old to stop dreaming - and chasing at least some of those dreams.

Pol
                          I think the FZ200 is the best choice, well I would wouldn't I. Below is a shot taken hand held with the intelligent extended zoom mode on the FZ200. Equivalent of 1200mm in 35mm terms.

Comment

I think the FZ200 is the best choice, well I would wouldn't I. Below is a shot taken hand held with the intelligent extended zoom mode on the FZ200. Equivalent of 1200mm in 35mm terms.
                            Blimey, Shoppy, whad'ya trying to do to me!

That's one fantastic image, as are the others you've uploaded (especially the little Beaver or whatever it is). Super results!

I showed the pics to David and now is at it, as if he doesn't already have enough kit of all types! Oh dear ... what have I started? No, what have YOU started? I'm a good girl I am! O

Pol

Comment

Blimey, Shoppy, whad'ya trying to do to me!

That's one fantastic image, as are the others you've uploaded (especially the little Beaver or whatever it is). Super results!

I showed the pics to David and now is at it, as if he doesn't already have enough kit of all types! Oh dear ... what have I started? No, what have YOU started? I'm a good girl I am! O

Pol
                              Just trying to make your dreams come true. Keep an eye on my gallery I'll upload some more later.

Comment

Working...
                              X