A Fool Without His Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fool Without His Camera

After dropping my daughter at the school bus stop this morning I drove straight to Hatfield Forest for a flying visit, just to check on the condition of the buttercups after yesterday's heavy rain, in advance of the forthcoming Group Meet on Sunday. I didn't even have my camera with me. I repeat, I didn't have my camera! Suffice to say, I was treated to the best light I've had at the Forest for some time.

Luckily, I did have the XZ-1 in the car so I was still able to take advantage of the situation, but I still kicked myself several times and very hard for not having the E-M5.

John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Re: A Fool Without His Camera

I love the contrast of the grey mood of the cloudscape and the sun-lit buttercup foreground in the last shot, John!

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

At least you got some shots, and I dare say there would not be a drastic difference unless you were wanting to print off at wall covering sizes.
      I like the second shot but the sky contrast of the third, combine the two and you have a lovely image ;-)
      http://www.ftmphotography.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Ian and Ash, I was lucky to get some moody skies on what was essentially just a flying visit.
        John Perriment

Comment

Hi John. What a nice place to walk. The third one is my favourite. Regards, H

Comment

Sometimes the XZ-1 is all you need...

The IQ that comes out of these little cameras is excellent, especially in the hands of someone that knows where and how to point it
            Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
              Sometimes the XZ-1 is all you need...

The IQ that comes out of these little cameras is excellent, especially in the hands of someone that knows where and how to point it
              I must admit I am impressed with the XZ-1 and it does the job when the E-M5 is not with me.
              John Perriment

Comment

Working...
              X